(Warehouse/distribution center) How long does it take for them to say I got the job? And what shoes should buy?

How long did it take for them to say you got the job? Also is the pay weekly or bi-weekly (not sure if that’s something I can look up online). Also! Do they train you to operate machinery like forklifts or is that something you need to do on your own?

How long did it take for them to say you got the job? Also is the pay weekly or bi-weekly (not sure if that’s something I can look up online). Also! Do they train you to operate machinery like forklifts or is that something you need to do on your own?
For stores, at least at my store, they generally told you at the end of your interview if you were hired. If they said you’ll be hearing from us, etc, it doesn’t look good for you. Things may have changed since I was there, and all stores are not the same. Pay is bi-weekly. If your job requires the use of powered equipment your store will train you. Buy comfortable shoes and socks since you will be on your feet all day, and you will cover a lot of ground particularly if you are assigned to pick orders. Good luck!

Can’t speak to how long it takes right now, as I’m sure it varies.
Shoes should be comfortable since you’ll be standing for 10-12hrs. No crocs, nothing with a smooth sole, no sandals.
DCs get paid weekly.
Any equipment you’d need to know, they’ll train you on.

get Asics.. unfortunately the expensive ones work best… it’s worth it tho…

For stores, at least at my store, they generally told you at the end of your interview if you were hired. If they said you’ll be hearing from us, etc, it doesn’t look good for you. Things may have changed since I was there, and all stores are not the same. Pay is bi-weekly. If your job requires the use of powered equipment your store will train you. Buy comfortable shoes and socks since you will be on your feet all day, and you will cover a lot of ground particularly if you are assigned to pick orders. Good luck!
Warehouse

Did you interview? Last I heard DC no longer interview, entire hire process is online. If they gave you an orientation date, you have the job. I’m actually shocked that a DC is hiring, from our last meeting, every one is as over staffed as we are and cutting hours. As in some TM are working 1 maybe 2 full shifts each week.

My recommendation would be to buy Adidas Ultraboosts. Over the course of my employment with exception of the first month my feet never hurt and that is working 12 hour shifts, including peak. I know they can be suspended however, they are definitely worth the money. If you want, I can direct you to some places that you can get them for less than retail.

Back