Archived Was I just completely disrespected?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! Question about what to do with this interaction at my store. I don't want to make a mountain out of a mohill but it 100% made me feel defeated and disrespected. I'm a senior tl in my store. I've been wearing recently a darker red merona cardigan, completely in the same color scheme of what I've seen at my store before. Today right when I got on the floor I went up to my etl-ge and etl-salesfloor to checked in. They were at the front lanes helping watch and another team member was waiting there with them to talk to etl-salesfloor aka lod on what to do today. When I approached them I was met with this.....

Etl-Sf "*name* is that red?"
Etl-ge "I think it's maroon"
Sf "I agree I think we need to reset the expectations of target red"
Me "well I'm sorry I guess I've just never been appraised before....."
Sf "*name* that's not red, that's maroon. This is red". *points to self who's wearing a red vest with a blue dress shirt*

I completely didn't know what to say after that so I just said ok and walked away. I feel very upset about this. For one thing it's something I've worn 10,000 times before and I feel is business casual red and I've seen other team members wearing this color. For second it was right on the middle of the sales floor, with a team member watching the whole thing. I feel completely embarrassed and confused. Can I wear it again? Should I not? I have no problem being challenged on dress code but in front of a team member? I deserve more respect than that.

Ask your ETL-HR or STL they're the ones who are to decide what is red. Fwiw one of my GSTL's wears a peach shirt and a lot of my management wears crimson, burgundy, or other red tones because its more flattering than a true red. But all stores are not the same. This is also in California which is notorious for looser dress codes.

i'm sorry your store is so strict. at my store people get away with maroon, pink, orange, even plaid as long as it's mostly red.

That's what I thought too, I mean I feel completely ok with the fact I was challenged about the red. Do I think it's right? No, but whatever. I just thinks it's completely wrong be unprofessional to call me out in the middle of the sales floor in front of cashiers, guests and team members.

You're a senior team lead? Yes, you were completely disrespected.

Again, if corporate can wear orange like it's nobody's business, then sip your tea everyone.

Purple, red, orange, maroon, yellow for everyone!

I am a Sr. TL and I wear all shades of red including maroon. I have a red shirt that we sold last year that looks like Santas suit that I wear on Black Friday and through December. I've been on visits with my DTL wearing that shirt and he liked it. i don't see why your shirt should have been a problem.

I'm planning on talking to him as soon as I get back from my lunch and he's done looping with the closing lod. I also want to mention it to the etl ge too.

I am a Sr. TL and I wear all shades of red including maroon. I have a red shirt that we sold last year that looks like Santas suit that I wear on Black Friday and through December. I've been on visits with my DTL wearing that shirt and he liked it. i don't see why your shirt should have been a problem.

Now that I think about it I lead a visit with our DTL as LOD wearing this same exact outfit like a month ago with etl-hr, ge, ap and our STL and no one....not even our DTL said anything about what I was wearing.

Ignore the haters.
You looked better than the douche nozzle who was wearing a vest (Derp, that is SO Walmart).
Keep wearing it but you would be quick-witted to keep a maroon color chip on hand so you could whip it out & say "No......THIS is maroon but I understand the confusion."

Damn that's rude!! People in my store wear almost purple sometimes and alot wear red with logos. If you wore it before and nothing was said then It seems like those people were having a shitty day and took it out on you. Uncalled for. Also they need their eyes checked... That cardigan is red.

I woulda been like Man, you're lucky I'm even here!
Lots of call off at my previous store
Everyone wore varying shades of red. No one said a word. Even the stl wore what looked to be neon red/orange to me.
Don't let them get to you over that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back