Archived Was I Kicked Out of My Workcenter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everybody!

Okay, so I've been with Spot for about 2 months now. I was hired right before seasonal as a Food Ave team member. I've been trying my hardest and asking questions, but my TL always tells me what I still need to improve on (she did tell me I am doing a good job though). Anyways, I checked the new schedule and was shocked to see that I have all cashier shifts. Today as I was cashiering I saw them training a new team member Food Ave. Should I be concerned?

I am also under my 90 days, while I am always on time, always extend when asked and do a good job of getting RedCards, this has me pretty worried.

Thanks!

TL;DR: Hired as a Food Ave team member, only scheduled cashier.

Welcome to The Break Room! With the new scheduling system, we get shifts in any workcenter we're trained in, so don't be surprised if you get some cashier shifts.

Back when I was doing non-stop cashier shifts (Even though I was hired Electronics did cashier shifts for a long time) I was firm but polite and kind about no longer being interested in Cashier shifts being on the schedule for me and the reasons why and although it took a little bit but my GSTL giving me support in my decision and talking to my ETL-HL and ETL-HR I was able to get them off the schedule for me and purely focused on my number one passion. I really do love Electronics deeply I can't really explain the feeling I get when I'm back there and sometimes it sucks I have to clock out lol but anyways this leads to amazing guest service and making a difference in the world...one guest at a time

I told them though I don't mind extending to a cashier shift or taking call ins (Kinda love it when the phone rings)

Someone once told me though "If you love something..you will have to fight for it be firm and kind and push back and believe in yourself to continue to do your best."

Welcome to The Break Room.

It may have a lot to do with it being the 4th quarter, not having enough people to train, hours to train, not having hired enough cashiers, HR being lazy when it comes to scheduling, take your pick.

Like Super said be firm, push to put where you belong.

The only thing I can imagine is if there were no training hrs to bring a new person on board. Many of our FA/SB TMs are scheduled as cashiers but you'll likely get pulled back to your area, sometimes only for covering breaks or to help during a rush. Once the new TM is settled, you'll likely be back. It's also a good way to brush up on your cashier skills & help you keep your hrs up.
As ALL the frontend folk here can attest to, many cashier shifts are given to TMs from other areas only to see them get pulled out from the lanes to help out other depts. It's become more rampant as other depts. are losing/getting insufficient hrs.

Food Ave is attached to the Front End. With the Holidays coming up, you will probably work some cashier shifts every once in a while.

If they were kicking you out, they would had you in office for a serious coaching or write up.

I wouldn't be worried. 4th Quarter is actually the time when we have the most training hours of the year with all our seasonal help. In our store we use it to get a lot of the cross training we don't have hours for the rest of the year. You may be a cashier for a week or so while they train someone else than you'll go back to food ave. I wouldn't do any "pushing" until after your 90 days and even then only if cashier looks permanent. You'll look like you're not a team player.

If your store has transitions to MyTime in lieu of Max, it'll happen. I've worked almost exclusively in hardlines and electronics for the past month and a half, and the next two weeks I'm cashing every single shift. It sucks, but at least I have hours I guess.

edit: There's also apparently a problem with how MyTime is scheduling people, in that it schedules cashiers FIRST, which results in people getting scheduled to cash when they almost never do. Or so says my ETL-HR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back