Archived Was this my fault? (Time Off Req. Issue)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in the week of June 9-15, I filed a time off request for the week after (from the 17th to the 24th). Of course, I was quite late in filing this because they say to have it done 2 weeks prior to the date requested. Knowing this, I handed in the form but the schedule for the 17th-23rd was already out. My HR told me to swap all my shifts with others because the time off was "not approved" because I was too late. I put my shifts for the week I wanted off on the swap shift, and most of them were happily taken by others. When I went to check again, all of them were not approved by HR. Why? because "I was not scheduled anymore for that week." So looking at that schedule again, HR had crossed all my shifts saying "time off", so they did indeed in the end approve my time off request.

However, today I get a call saying I had a shift today and that now it's being filed under a NCNS. When I told them that I had filed for time off and that they approved it, and that entire explanation up there ^ , all they said to me was that I should have still talked to them about giving shifts away(???) so it's my fault.

I'm very afraid and confused because I am still in probation period and I really don't want to be on bad terms with my TL. Did I deserve that NCNS?

HR ultimately told you that you were not scheduled, so how are the shift swaps a factor? Seems like if you showed them the schedule and that HR crossed it off, you should be good?

I mean, swapping shifts should be done in communication with your ETL to ensure they're approving them, but this shouldn't even come into play if HR told you not to come in.

If that's truly the story there, talk to your ETL, ETL-HR, and even STL to clear it up.

Some times the computer is not always corrected.

More than likely a TM agreed to take your shifts, but the computer schedule was not corrected. So that TM decided not to come in for some reason.

Always look at your swap shift sheet. Find out which TM took it, and it got ETL approval. If an ETL does not approve it on the swap shift sheet, you are still responsible for that shift if that TM does not come in.

Some times the computer is not always corrected.

More than likely a TM agreed to take your shifts, but the computer schedule was not corrected. So that TM decided not to come in for some reason.

Always look at your swap shift sheet. Find out which TM took it, and it got ETL approval. If an ETL does not approve it on the swap shift sheet, you are still responsible for that shift if that TM does not come in.

The thing is though HR didn't approve any of my swap shifts because they decided to cancel all my shifts due to time off.

I see now. I was reading that a TM swapped your shifts.

That is indeed strange. But the ETL-HR should be able to nullify any NCNS then if they approved time off.

Document ASAP if you haven't, and present the facts. Let us know how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back