Was this wrong of me to do?

Hi everyone! I just signed up, but I’ve been using this site as a tool for a while now.

I’m in fear of a termination for a silly thing that I’ve done.

I had clocked out for the day, took my badge off, and went shopping in the store. I was looking for a particular book that the app said that we had in stock, but I couldn’t find it anywhere. It also said limited stock so I couldn’t order it as an OPU. I asked a TM if they could look it up for me and they said we had some in the back. They asked if I wanted them to get one for me, and I said sure. After I took the book, grabbed the other items I wanted to buy and checked out, I started thinking about how this doesn’t follow the rule where an item has to be on the sales floor first, visible to guests.

Now I’m in fear that this was a severe mistake I had made... anyone know if this is a fireable act? It was not premeditated, I didn’t hide it back there. I had no idea it was only going to be in the backroom.
(This item was not street-dated, we’ve been selling it for years and it is clearly on the website for all guests to purchase)

Thanks ahead for the help!

Last edited:
You’re fine. It’s most an issue for “hot” items. I’ve done the same thing, it’s not a a problem.
If it were a brand new video game, different story. Something we’ve been selling for years and is not in high demand is a okay

If you had taken it from the back & hidden it, then it would be a problem, but you acted based on the same information a guest would have, so you're fine.

Nah your fine. If it was a hot item that you had looked up and knew it was in stock thats different. This is no different than how a guest shops so no big. Like if you did an in store pick up it woupd be the same scenario. You are fine

Back