Archived Watching TM's on Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta Love Progress through the years.. :)

attictargeta.jpg

Some AP Departments, used to have to spend there whole day on the floor because they had very little camera coverage of the sales floor. Although, some select stores did get lucky though, and had Peep Holes, that would allow you to peer on certain parts of High Theft Areas.

Last edited:
Gotta Love Progress through the years.. :)

attictargeta.jpg

Some AP Departments, had to spend there whole day on the floor, and had very little coverage at all of the sales floor. Some stores did get lucky though, and had Peep Holes, that would allow you to peer on certain parts of High Theft Areas.

I wish I had something like that over cosmetics.

Little windows! That woman had it good. It was worse in Softlines where you had to climb a ladder into a cubbyhole. Claustrophobic much?

There are multiple cameras in the AP office. And many people above the store level have access to stores camera system any time they want. They have "virtual visits" once in awhile.

I gotta say it's pretty fun watching people from camera in a different location ;-). Some of the store layouts definitely make it weird navigating since I'm thinking it's my store.

We were told a few years ago that this was possible. APETL said "so don't pick your nose or scratch your butt...lol.

How am I supposed to scratch my ass if I got an itch then? lol

I must admit... Last week I had a huge wedgie that was bothering the hell out of me... so I looked around, pulled it out, looked back at the camera and smiled.

Some stores have a ridiculous amount of camera coverage. Hawaii comes to mind.

Sure would be nice, if SPOT would get rid of there VCR/Analog Setups at stores like that. God Forbid, they actually needed a Face Shoot, or a Decent Picture of someone, the quality is so useless.

It's especially fun, when you ZOOM in to get a somewhat decent faceshot before someone gets away, and the Playback Video has a bunch of Lines and Crap all over it :(

Like This..
f16baTo.jpg

Digital Video saved my sanity..

Sure would be nice, if SPOT would get rid of there VCR/Analog Setups at stores like that. God Forbid, they actually needed a Face Shoot, or a Decent Picture of someone, the quality is so useless.

It's especially fun, when you ZOOM in to get a somewhat decent faceshot before someone gets away, and the Playback Video has a bunch of Lines and Crap all over it :(

Digital Video saved my sanity..

You mean you can't tell what somebody has in their hand by zooming in on the reflection in their eyes.
Damn NCIS has been lying to me.

You mean you can't tell what somebody has in their hand by zooming in on the reflection in their eyes.
Damn NCIS has been lying to me.

Nope, we can't... although I wish we could :(

Here is a question for you AP buffs,

Where besides the obvious, bathrooms for example, are cameras NOT to be? I mean, are there supposed to be cameras in offices? Breakroom? ETC.

Where besides the obvious, bathrooms for example, are cameras NOT to be? I mean, are there supposed to be cameras in offices? Breakroom? ETC.

I'm not AP, but my store doesn't have cameras in the TL office area, ETL offices, or break room. TSC, Food Ave/Starbucks back area, and all stockrooms have cameras.

I'm not AP, but my store doesn't have cameras in the TL office area, ETL offices, or break room. TSC, Food Ave/Starbucks back area, and all stockrooms have cameras.

Just to add, none of the coolers and freezers have cameras, but there is a camera pointed at the QMOS area.

Thanks folks. My question was a little more deep than I led onto. Didn't want to sacrifice my anonymity. Thanks to the folk who pm'd with me.

They aren't supposed to.. But I've been in several situations where ETL's will ask the APTL/ETL-AP if they can keep an eye on specific team members, and call them out on the walkie if they aren't working.. IE: If the FR/O team member is sitting around the fitting room desk doing nothing instead of folding clothes, the APL would come over the walkie "Hey Sue, how's the fitting room coming? Is everything folded and ready to be worked out?"

Last edited:
The only place cameras can not be located are locations where there is a legal expectation of privacy, such as a bathroom or (inside the) fitting rooms.

FYI, break rooms/offices don't have that expectation of privacy. That said, every store is different when it comes to camera placement.

Wasn't there a thread a while back where a TM said AP put a camera in the restroom? We never did get a final answer on what happened with that.

After a FATM was termed for skimming the drawer & a SBTM for giving away free drinks, we have cameras all around (& in back) of FA & SB.

The only place cameras can not be located are locations where there is a legal expectation of privacy, such as a bathroom or (inside the) fitting rooms.

FYI, break rooms/offices don't have that expectation of privacy. That said, every store is different when it comes to camera placement.

This actually depends on the state. In some states it is illegal to put cameras in office areas and break rooms, due to the protection of unionizing activities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back