Water while unloading truck

We can’t at our store. No one can.
If upper managment is really enforcing that, you should call the hotline. That is absolutely ridiculous with water fountains being shut off and it being summer.

I always have a case of water at my desk for anyone to grab at. This too coming from myself who rolls my eyes everytime I see abandoned water bottles in the back and have to give everyone a "friendly" reminder to pick up after themselves.

Just curious do they enforce wearing a mask for the unloader in the trailer?

Haha, months ago our ETLHR informed us that masks were required for the unload. We all agreed to it, but when asked about the unloader being the exception they were insistent they had to. Our lead just about dragged him into the trailer and had him unload and see if they thought it was realistic. A minute in and he gave in.
I would love to drag one of my ETLs

Haha, months ago our ETLHR informed us that masks were required for the unload. We all agreed to it, but when asked about the unloader being the exception they were insistent they had to. Our lead just about dragged him into the trailer and had him unload and see if they thought it was realistic. A minute in and he gave in.
After 2 hours in the truck the guy already comes out like he just got out of the shower let alone suffocate him with the mask 🤦‍♀️

Water is fine in our backroom, you just can't have it on the floor.

There's one I'd drag into the trailer & close the door but they'd likely send him back :(

Does your store allow drinking of water while unloading?
At our start ups in the DC they state that you should be, at the least, taking sips of water every 15 minutes with the heat index the way it is now so unless a truck unload takes less than 15 minutes I don't see how they can hold you accountable for trying to not dry up and die.

At my store, pretty much anything goes in any workcenter as long as it's non-alcoholic, you clean up after yourself and make it disappear during Ecolab visits. When I go to a store and see employees with beverages on hand and otherwise appearing at home, I make it a point to shop there frequently. Tedious, demeaning charades of "professionalism" thankfully seem to be obsolescent nowadays.

Lol, try and stop me lol
[/QUOTE
If upper managment is really enforcing that, you should call the hotline. That is absolutely ridiculous with water fountains being shut off and it being summer.

I always have a case of water at my desk for anyone to grab at. This too coming from myself who rolls my eyes everytime I see abandoned water bottles in the back and have to give everyone a "friendly" reminder to pick up after themselves.

Just curious do they enforce wearing a mask for the unloader in the trailer?
The only way to be able to have water is if you get a note from your doctor. They enforce it. I’m not calling the hotline, my worklife will be hell for it.

This is the epitome of ASANTS. We are allowed beverages everywhere, even at the registers. I usually only have water but on very rare occasions I may have a regular cup of coffee. I keep my drinks in the fitting room closet and don't drink out on the salesfloor, but many other TMs do.

I once saw a GM TM chowing down on a slice of pizza at the boat.

The only way to be able to have water is if you get a note from your doctor. They enforce it. I’m not calling the hotline, my worklife will be hell for it.
Pretty sure you can call the hotline and remain anonymous. If there's no broken cases of water or Gatorade coming off the line the ETL's and Team Leads either take one and break it open for the team or they usually already have prepared us cold drinks sitting in the walk in coolers that they bring out during the unload.

Pretty sure you can call the hotline and remain anonymous. If there's no broken cases of water or Gatorade coming off the line the ETL's and Team Leads either take one and break it open for the team or they usually already have prepared us cold drinks sitting in the walk in coolers that they bring out during the unload.
I trust the hotline being anonymous as far as I could throw it. They always know. They work for the store not the people. The hotline is useless sack of shit.

Not having drinks on the floor is not a hotline issue. No access to drinking water is. If you are too afraid to ask someone in your store about drinks, the hotline is not going to help you.

You could try the hotline, OR...you could collapse. Then, when the EMTs arrive and ask what the fuck you were thinking attempting such a duration and intensity of physical activity in hot conditions without staying hydrated, you can groggily explain your store's "rule" to them with your TLs present.

Back