Archived We have a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone! So one of my TLs is close to closing to losing her job because my Etl and others have written her up for things that aren't her fault nor her responsibility (it's the other SLTL's). Everytime she tries to talk to an ETL or a STL she gets brushed off and they don't care. But then they turn around yell at her that she is not doing her job. She has tried to talk to people higher up and no one has listened. She desperately needs this job and can't afford to find another one and transferring is out of the question. Is this a hotline issue? What other options does she have if any?

First thing she needs to write everything down.
Start from the point that it all began and make sure she keeps it totally unemotional.
Pack as much facts in there as possible with all of the Target speak.

Take a close look at why they might be looking to performance her out.
Is it personality, restructure, or something else?
She needs to have a sit down with with HR ETL and go over every point.
Explain that she feels that she is being 'set up to fail' and is 'is in a hostile work environment'.
If she uses the right words, keeps her head and makes it clear she will go higher if she isn't satisfied than there may be results.

If there aren't results, than yes it's hotline time.

First get organized, so she knows exactly what she is going to say.
She can't let them interrupt her and must make it clear that she is demanding results.
The only way they can brush her off is if she lets them.
She has the right to demand a meeting.

If after she does that and there are no results, than she has to go higher.
She just has to realize that it isn't going to get easier.
If she can't handle the people she is working with every day, she's going to have an even tougher time with corporate.

There really isn't anyone who will swoop in to save her.
She has to kick some ass and make them do the right thing because it's in the rules.
The only way she can do that is to write everything down, be organized, don't be emotional, don't let them bully her, and be tough.

It sounds like she is being performanced out. If you have two SLTLs, it sounds like you may be over head count and they are making a move to start cutting positions. She can fight it, but even if she wins in the short term, she will lose the war and they will find some way to get rid of her. She might not be able to afford to find a new job, but she may not be able to afford to not look and end up unemployed, either. :-(

I have to admit that even if she fights back and does everything right there is still a chance she might lose.
I certainly hope not but since I've been in that place my heart goes out to her.

Yeah sadly that's what it is coming too. She did tell me that a TL position is being cut in September. So my question now is would calling hotline be worth it? I've read some things about the hotline on here, my only worry with her calling is that it she will be found out that she made the call and have an even bigger target on her back.

If she takes the steps first (so she can say she's done everything she can) and writes everything down so she's got it laid out, sure call the hotline.
It can't make it worse.

so interesting development in this whole thing...the other TL will be quitting in august and moving...he let that slip after a few drinks at a TLs wedding.

True that. If a higher up has it out for you, good luck and good night. It will be like playing one of Jigsaw's games in order to live. If you ever have to battle a higher up, you have my sympathy. I've been there and done that and trust me it's not worth it. Just yes and nod. Don't ever start stuff with ETLs or the STL. Not worth it at all. Do not bring concerns, questions, comments, or complaints to them either. I know it's hard but it will help you in the long haul.

Trust me I know with my own experience with an old Etl, luckily other Etls had issues with her and didn't like her. Also because I am such a hard worker in my department other Etls actually like me.

Like commie said, needs to talk to etl-hr and carefully document. Organization!

You basically need to catch them in a hypocrisy.

If you really wanted to cover your ass I suppose you could have your lawyer present? ( I don't know, would sure scare them though!)

like others said, she was definitely being "performanced out" because of restructuring. If the other SlTL wants to be nice, they'll inform district/your stl of their plans to move on, or else your TL might still be screwed. Either way, she needs to document everything, don't react poorly to criticism, and do her best. Just because one of the TLs is leaving, doesn't mean they won't let both go, and bring in a TL from another store who might be losing their position (district always loves that).

My advice one must be selfish when working at Target. I would concentrate on your own priorities and your own job and stop worrying about others.

IMO...whats happening is that they are trying to performance them out. They are probably not a team player with the current ETLs and are trying to find the smallest ding and find enough to build up for termination.

the hotline number doesn't really do anything unless you back it up with mentioning talking to government agency.. never leave your info cuz it will come back at you .. basically your TL may not be doing their job... your not aware of what they are suppose to do and its unprofessional of them to get you involved.. you know only one side you don't know what's the other side..I'm really not trying to seem like a jerk .. its just not your problem you getting involved is asking for the management to get on your case... your TL should be strong enough to handle this ..if not and what people fail to realize is leaders should never have pity.. they asked for this stuff and can always step down to a lower position.. remember that.. always

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back