Archived We just had the worst unload in Target History

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have actually done this a few times. Nothing really gets done though. Like sometimes, we'll have a patio set or desk stacked on top of everything else. DC also likes to put heavy shit on top of the mirrors so they're always broke when they need to get pushed.

Honestly, if the truck just spontaneously combust, I wouldn't be surprised.

I have some great C+S stories..

Just the other day...always a sunday...because sunday is hell day for C+S unload, every...single...time.....since we always seem to be the very first stop and hardly anyone is there on sunday.

Our produce pallet was on top of another stores bananas and our bananas were under another stores produce....had to waste time seperating them when they could of just sent it all on one pallet if they REALLY needed to do that, usually they are 2 seperate pallets...sigh.

Or the truck that actually did have our Bananas underneath the produce pallet so we had to get the crown and lift it up to be able to get a temp of the bananas. Alot of the stuff that comes in with the Banana pallet was crushed, tomatoes mainly.

Or the time when the opposite happened and our bananas were on top of produce and smashed a ton of stuff....such fun!!!

Or the multiple times when they stack the pallets so high you cant even get them out of the truck and have to take a few pieces off to clear the trailer.

Or the time when the back pallets right before freezer are tilted over and look like they will crumble and some have onto another pallet. A few boxes here and there.

Or the times when they load everything but 1 pallet on one side and the one pallet that isnt on our side in the very last pallet right before freezer meaning we have to move around the entire side almost just to get one pallet when they could of just stacked it all on one side to begin with.

Don't forget about the signing/supply pallets too! I have lost track of the number of times that I've had:

Box labeled "very heavy" on top of a pallet (that was actually heavy).
Pallets about 8 feet high (barely made it off the truck, does not fit through the double doors).
Pallet poorly built/shrinkwrapped so that the entire thing is leaning to the side. Attempting to move it causes the pallet to nearly tip over and take the pallet jack with it.
Lightweight boxes crushed under heavy boxes, or signing bent to fit on the pallet and shrinkwrapped. Had to reorder all of those.
Unidentified substance spilled all over the boxes, resulting in a sticky mess (this one was really fun).
CSE/Oversize boxes on top of a 7 foot pallet.

I have some great C+S stories..

Just the other day...always a sunday...because sunday is hell day for C+S unload, every...single...time.....since we always seem to be the very first stop and hardly anyone is there on sunday.

Our produce pallet was on top of another stores bananas and our bananas were under another stores produce....had to waste time seperating them when they could of just sent it all on one pallet if they REALLY needed to do that, usually they are 2 seperate pallets...sigh.

Or the truck that actually did have our Bananas underneath the produce pallet so we had to get the crown and lift it up to be able to get a temp of the bananas. Alot of the stuff that comes in with the Banana pallet was crushed, tomatoes mainly.

Or the time when the opposite happened and our bananas were on top of produce and smashed a ton of stuff....such fun!!!

Or the multiple times when they stack the pallets so high you cant even get them out of the truck and have to take a few pieces off to clear the trailer.

Or the time when the back pallets right before freezer are tilted over and look like they will crumble and some have onto another pallet. A few boxes here and there.

Or the times when they load everything but 1 pallet on one side and the one pallet that isnt on our side in the very last pallet right before freezer meaning we have to move around the entire side almost just to get one pallet when they could of just stacked it all on one side to begin with.

Don't forget about the signing/supply pallets too! I have lost track of the number of times that I've had:

Box labeled "very heavy" on top of a pallet (that was actually heavy).
Pallets about 8 feet high (barely made it off the truck, does not fit through the double doors).
Pallet poorly built/shrinkwrapped so that the entire thing is leaning to the side. Attempting to move it causes the pallet to nearly tip over and take the pallet jack with it.
Lightweight boxes crushed under heavy boxes, or signing bent to fit on the pallet and shrinkwrapped. Had to reorder all of those.
Unidentified substance spilled all over the boxes, resulting in a sticky mess (this one was really fun).
CSE/Oversize boxes on top of a 7 foot pallet.

Just wait until your ISM pallets start coming on the food truck...

I hope that your team is ok. Did either your TL or ETL do a trailer feedback form and attach any pictures that may have been taken? I've been doing those more and more lately because the trailer is not being loaded safely.
We have actually done this a few times. Nothing really gets done though. Like sometimes, we'll have a patio set or desk stacked on top of everything else. DC also likes to put heavy shit on top of the mirrors so they're always broke when they need to get pushed.

Honestly, if the truck just spontaneously combust, I wouldn't be surprised.
Just the other day i got hold of a whole caspack of broken mirros. Glass just fell everywhere. Maybe all those mirrors are responsible for our poor sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back