Archived Weird week for price change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else out there notice all of the changes (some just plain stupid and other just plain weird) to price change this week. I only once and while help with price changes, so most of the changes will not effect me that much. Noticed that they grouped all of boys/girls/infants apparel together. I liked it separated out, so I could tell what I had left to complete. Also noticed that performance (used be in the Thursday workload under intimates) is now on Friday and includes not only women's. but men's and kids. That seems like stupid, as it seemed to make more sense to complete all of men's on Wednesday, rather than part on one day and part on another. Also really not sure if there was any communication on all of these price changes or least I never saw it nor did the leader in charge of this work center.

I didn't do PC this week, but I heard from the others on the team when they peeked at today's workload yesterday that Performance wear dropped in for all of softlines. This is the first time it has happened to us. Keep us posted if you see it happen next Friday. Could have been a glitch?

Yeah, this was really weird. Having Performance pop in on Friday, and tracking it down was a nasty surprise. The leaders were pretty clueless, hoping this was just a glitch, otherwise boys/girls/infants is going to be a massive pain on Mondays.

That happened to us too. I saw no communication anywhere about that happening. :-/ It sucked and I hope it doesn't stay that way.

I looked at the forecast sheet ahead of time so I knew about performance being moved to friday. Boys/girls performance was still on Mondays workload so i dont think it was included in fridays? I wasnt there for PC friday so I didnt see if it included mens or not. Really stupid though how they combined boys girls and infants

Our Friday Performance was Men's and Women's. Last Monday, the boys/girls C9 was under Performance too.

No communication.. I my supported it.. they were no help. "We are aware of the problem. please continue to work price changes."
umm... thanks for the help!!!!!

Fridays workload was men's and women's c9.. we had to make our own performance rack In mens. Let alone get softlines to keep it seperate for the time being....

Although I don't remember seeing performance in this week's Monday workload....

Yeah, my pchg team noticed the craziness. For those not aware, price change spends the most time and the most money(payroll) TRYING TO FIND price changes. The more convoluted and crazy things become, the more $ is spent.

1: BB/BG are now combined with NIT. There is a new "baby" division, which only includes infant toys (dept 30) that bleed over into toys.

This is horrible because "baby" usually has 1 or 2 items in it. "Kids apparel" usually has hundreds of items randomly listed, where it used to be more divided, so we could hit specific dept or areas going clearance. Now we have to treat BB/BG/NIT as all one area. takes way more time.

2: performance

I realize this is considered ONE dept at HQ, but if you put c9 on one day, that means the price change team has to re-visit mens, ihp, boys, and girls ALL on Friday. We've already scanned those depts this week! Unless the "performance" clr is kept separate, this means lots of digging through clr racks. In addition to what they normally do on Friday. By making this change, a HUGE amount of payroll will be wasted. We have to re-visit depts!!!

3: furniture
This one I agree with. The more devided things become, the EASIER it is to find for mark-downs. Now, I'm not looking for "housewares (which dept? 249? Oh ok)" it's just furniture.

I understand there's some craziness happening at HQ, but if you don't make things efficient for PROCESSES in the store, you are wasting time and money.

Yeah, my pchg team noticed the craziness. For those not aware, price change spends the most time and the most money(payroll) TRYING TO FIND price changes. The more convoluted and crazy things become, the more $ is spent.

1: BB/BG are now combined with NIT. There is a new "baby" division, which only includes infant toys (dept 30) that bleed over into toys.

This is horrible because "baby" usually has 1 or 2 items in it. "Kids apparel" usually has hundreds of items randomly listed, where it used to be more divided, so we could hit specific dept or areas going clearance. Now we have to treat BB/BG/NIT as all one area. takes way more time.

2: performance

I realize this is considered ONE dept at HQ, but if you put c9 on one day, that means the price change team has to re-visit mens, ihp, boys, and girls ALL on Friday. We've already scanned those depts this week! Unless the "performance" clr is kept separate, this means lots of digging through clr racks. In addition to what they normally do on Friday. By making this change, a HUGE amount of payroll will be wasted. We have to re-visit depts!!!

3: furniture
This one I agree with. The more devided things become, the EASIER it is to find for mark-downs. Now, I'm not looking for "housewares (which dept? 249? Oh ok)" it's just furniture.

I understand there's some craziness happening at HQ, but if you don't make things efficient for PROCESSES in the store, you are wasting time and money.

We definitely ate the extra payroll and seperated performance in mens On Wednesday.. a rack and a half. women's has always been kept seperate so that wasn't a big deal.. just made the workload a little lighter on Thursdays (there was too many departments to visit on Thurs. anyway.. now if only they'd put stationary back on Tuesdays)

We definitely ate the extra payroll and seperated performance in mens On Wednesday.. a rack and a half. women's has always been kept seperate so that wasn't a big deal.. just made the workload a little lighter on Thursdays (there was too many departments to visit on Thurs. anyway.. now if only they'd put stationary back on Tuesdays)

We had a light Thursday (for once), so we took the time today to separate performance and ticket it in each dept for Friday's workload. We already kept 214 separate, but had to reorganize kids and men's. I'm assuming 281 will still go with mens.

We had a light Thursday (for once), so we took the time today to separate performance and ticket it in each dept for Friday's workload. We already kept 214 separate, but had to reorganize kids and men's. I'm assuming 281 will still go with mens.

We didn't seperate kids.. there just wasn't enough. I'm sure it'll come back to bite us though.. Kids performance popped in on Monday, and that was one of the reasons why we didn't seperate it.

We did kids perf today. Lots of shorts. We merched it separate from the rest of the clr, but I bet SL will eventually change things around.

Awesome. At least tomorrow is only 500 tickets for us and there is two of us for 8 hours. Gives us plenty of time to play in softlines after pushing our clearance

Me too. Since we are switching to an 8am start time we are being scheduled 40 hours each (2 team members) with the expectation to push everything.. clean up the department as we go.. PTM anything that's horrible. Basically I'm a plano/softlines/instocks/pricing machine. Until the workload goes over 80 hours.. then idk what we will do because nobody is cross-trained..

Awesome. At least tomorrow is only 500 tickets for us and there is two of us for 8 hours. Gives us plenty of time to play in softlines after pushing our clearance

Fridays workload is only 400 tomorrow, but they made me get it done today along with thursdays stuff. They didnt even schedule anyone to come in on friday. And this is why stuff gets half assed ...

I think they got fed up with having to add extra payroll to get it done right.. so now if we finish early we either cut and go home or go where needed.. I do tend to take my time when there are projects that Need done (tearing down and building clearance endcaps.. redoing the adjacency to get an extra convertible for clearance..)

Fridays workload is only 400 tomorrow, but they made me get it done today along with thursdays stuff. They didnt even schedule anyone to come in on friday. And this is why stuff gets half assed ...

So Fridays backroom is sitting until next week? Or you stayed late to mark it?

So Fridays backroom is sitting until next week? Or you stayed late to mark it?

I am sure one of the ETLS tomorrow will do it. If not, oh well. We have been having to pull our own backroom lately because the STL would rather have night guy do other things than pull price change, so all the freezer clearance that went down on wednesday still hasnt been pulled, its starting to get fustrating because price change just gets put on the back burner

Yeah there was a lot of shorts. We made our own Half boys half girls rack. They are kicking us out by 10 lol

It looks like Easter merchandise will be going salvage before the candy this year by two days. I saw it on mysupport.

It looks like Easter merchandise will be going salvage before the candy this year by two days. I saw it on mysupport.

Hmm, we had a whole back wall left of Easter stuff and only 2 or 3 endcaps of candy left.. so is easter seasonal and see spot going salvage on Monday besides candy? I didn't see the MySupport.. and do you have any idea when

From what I recall, Tues is the date for Easter merch. Thurs for candy.

I didn't see SSS salvage dates listed on mysupport, I'll try to look again tomorrow.

I miss seeing vital info right when I log in on Workbench in the right column. Now everything is on Redwire & not being a TL, it doesn't show me much.

Edit; not all stores are the same, so my salvage dates may be a little different from yours.

When does 70% and 90% off come into effect for the candy?

If my favorite kind is still there, I will buy all of it and keep it in a locker for snacking on my breaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back