Archived Welcome to Walmart...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks tacky though. Nine times out of ten, those bins would be a mess and it would look awful. Plus, we already have enough of the "But this item was on a clearance endcap!", imagine if we had those right at the checklanes? I also bet that guests would think it's just a bin to dump all of your unwanted crap in there, or even a garbage bin.
You're under the impression that most TM truly care how the store looks when in fact they don't.

So with the rebranding of Bullseye's Playground, salesfloor is supposed to own its clearance, so it's supposed to go to mini seasonal, right? Right.

Except when it doesn't.

Three carts of this crap, sitting in front of the checklanes. So much for brand.
Yikes. My problem are the lazy GSTMs who just see that it belongs in dollar spot and just throw it in the bin. While zoning BP, I've been throwing stuff in a hand basket with a huge sign that says THIS IS SEASONAL EVENT (PLU), DO NOT SORT INTO CART 20! PUT IN CART 5/6. Ugh.

Not just Wal Mart does this most local grocery stores will as well with seasonal items.

My grocery store nearby puts the stuff in milk crates and leaves it on shelves near their backroom

Thankfully, we have an Office Depot just a couple blocks away so we aren't that bad during BTS. It's still pretty bad because we're cheaper, but it usually isn't insanely bad.

We have a Staples two stores over, and a Walmart across the parking lot. This strangely does nothing to minimize BTS traffic

I always feel bad for the stuff like this Like this and especially stop at the grocery store stuck in those cards or put on the shelves at the back of the store near the bathrooms
It reminds me of the island of misfit toys

I love this too. Just let the guests shop from the carts!! Looks better than many clearance aisles I've seen.

Yikes. My problem are the lazy GSTMs who just see that it belongs in dollar spot and just throw it in the bin. While zoning BP, I've been throwing stuff in a hand basket with a huge sign that says THIS IS SEASONAL EVENT (PLU), DO NOT SORT INTO CART 20! PUT IN CART 5/6. Ugh.
Did you put the UGH. in there, too? I would love that?

I love this too. Just let the guests shop from the carts!! Looks better than many clearance aisles I've seen.
I can kind of agree with this, but absolutely not directly in front of the checklanes. as a GSA, it made my job nearly impossible, because I can't tell who's heading to checkout and who isn't. plus I'm short, so seeing over a mob of people, not great.

It all needs to be displayed on a big rotating platform gizmo thingy...

Just dump all of it there.

It all needs to be displayed on a big rotating platform gizmo thingy...

Just dump all of it there.
do you mean like this ???

tumblr_ndqr4o6HGI1qb2kx1o2_400.gif

i would love to see this with the guest !!!!!

We have a Staples two stores over, and a Walmart across the parking lot. This strangely does nothing to minimize BTS traffic

We have an Office Max in our plaza and a Super Walmart about a mile away. And yet my store is apparently THE place to go for BTS shopping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back