Archived Well, they decided not to keep me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinnybun

Smart-Mouthed TM
I mean, I kinda half expected it because I later found out Electronics was overstaffed which led me to wonder why they had asked me during my interview if I wanted to be moved to electronics (originally applied for Cashier.) If it wasn't for me unknowingly violating a policy (didn't get any type of training) and a couple of guest complaints, I probably would have been kept on. But eh. Experience. So long, Spot. Though, I'm still sticking around here. Too much fun to be had.

Sometimes when you feel like the work center you are in doesn't seem to be a good fit-- It's wise to be transferred EARLY on. But then, of course, it's hard to tell because you always have that hope that eventually things will get better. Even if you did initiate the transfer, it might not be granted because that center is already fully staffed. So, what to do? Well, too late now... and Q1 means slow business.

I am sorry you were let go. Hope you get another job SOON.... Keep applying!!!

Did you ask if you could transfer to other work centers?
Actually, no, I hadn't thought about that.
I think I will when I return to work.
I really don't want to go through the hassle of finding
another job since I had just moved to the state on October
27th, and was hired by Target on November 23rd. A month
of work? Ugh. I know I could do better in a different department
if they just let me move elsewhere.

Sometimes when you feel like the work center you are in doesn't seem to be a good fit-- It's wise to be transferred EARLY on. But then, of course, it's hard to tell because you always have that hope that eventually things will get better. Even if you did initiate the transfer, it might not be granted because that center is already fully staffed. So, what to do? Well, too late now... and Q1 means slow business.

I am sorry you were let go. Hope you get another job SOON.... Keep applying!!!
Yeah, that's true. But thank you so much for the well wishes! :D

Just ask for feedback and if you'll be considered rehirable for next season. Maybe next time around it'll be easier to perform better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back