Archived Well, this is interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh. Interesting to see what has and hasn't changed.

I'm going to break two rules. My name and store number. Considering I only worked for just over a year 1999-2000, I doubt there's much I can get in trouble for after 16-17 years ;)

I'm Aaron. I worked at T-280 in Taylor, MI back in the golden era when we had discounts at three stores (Target, Mervyn's, and Hudson's). I'd probably say my time at Target was my second most positive retail job early in my life; though considering I had previously come from Kmart, it was a massive improvement.

I saw a lot of fun things over my term, working the sales floor, trying to get as much time working the Electronics boat as I could. Getting up earlier than the crack of dawn to prepare the store for the huge (for the time) launch of the PS2, the wide array of guests, and fellow team members helped me along.

Target certainly has changed in the past decade and a half, and I was very pleased with the new LA25 stores here in my new home of Southern California. But at the same time, a lot is still the same. I'l just lurk here, maybe offering a fun anecdotal story from time to time... I'll leave you with the two things I've kept from my tenure so long ago...

targetbadge.jpg IMG_4686.JPG

auwhsw.gif

You worked for Target just about slightly less than the same amount of time that I've been alive!!! LOL. Impressive!

barney-mind-blown.gif

You worked for Target just about slightly less than the same amount of time that I've been alive!!! LOL. Impressive!

Enjoy the job! I can say from experience, Working for Target is a lot better than almost every other big-box retailer out there.

Oops, misread it. Thought you worked for Target 16-17 years. I fail. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back