Archived what are attachments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cl8baller

Wild Card TM
Now I am having issues keeping AAR green. What are ways to be sure that an item is an attachment for a primary item?

Using iPads and tablets, it doesn't seem that Apple Gift cards (dept 256) are attachments for iPads (dept 057), or a Samsung tablet with Google Play cards. Now I say this because, looking at AAR in detail, attachments aren't registering.

Does the primary and attachment have to have the same department number? We have 4+ lightning cables that could go with an iPad with different departments. I don't get what's going on with my metrics.

I can't say definitively anymore, but it used to be that certain department/classes counted as attachments for department/classes of core items. There for a while the training said that blurays counted as attachments, but they never registered. It's been a few years since I worked electronics regularly though. Not sure how it works anymore.

The Aar score doesn't count anymore. From another thread,
I have posted this before but I think some metrics are just outdated and do not measure what we really want to know! Conversion and AAR immediately come to mind, as they are meant to measure the REDcard Culture and Electronics Profitability in the Store. Yet that is not what they do, they measure outdated statistics about how well we pressure guests that do not matter (mostly credit using guests or cash) or they measure very specific transactions in electronics that is mostly skewed by cheated numbers or giftcard promotions.

If AAR is supposed to measure profitability, then do that. Let's measure Net Loss of Main Items versus Net Gain of Attachments and set a fair goal this way. As of now, Electronics TM's only care about accessories if the guest is buying a main item (Oh crap someone is getting a PS4, I better start suggesting games.... All the meanwhile ignoring the guest that is there just for the games who might buy 5 games and balance out the guest with the PS4 who isn't going to get anything)... By setting such a low scope on the metric, Target limits itself from motivating the team to be real salesmen and actually driving to make a difference.

Rock Lobster, Aug 2, 2014Report
#12Unlike+ QuoteQuote

I sold one of our new instant cameras the other day with four packs of the appropriate film. I checked the heat map the next day and not a single one counted for the camera, but the camera itself did get recorded.

Attachments are really messed up right now. It is as if no one is updating the database of what counts as attachments.

Well from when I did electronics attachments would be:

Selling an ESP on a qualifying core item (video game console, tv, etc.)
Selling a Memory Card with a Camera.
Selling a Blu Ray Player with a TV ... However on this one you attached the BDP with the TV, but the BDP is also it's own core item, so you would be 1/2. But if you sold an HDMI Cable as well (for the BDP) you would be 2/2. At least this is how my Electronics TL explained it.

Yeah attachments are definitely broken right now, and I don't think they are getting fixed.

At this time when you sell a TV with an HDMI cable, the HDMI cable is NOT attached tot he TV. Sunday I sold a TV with a wall mount, HDMI cable and a S/RP. Technically that should have been 300% transaction right there. However it puts the HDMI cables down under DVD/BluRay player as it's own thing. So I end up only getting 200% on the TV transaction and 0% for a nonsensical error with the HDMI cable, which in turn makes me 100% as apposed to 300%. Ridiculous I tell you! If you try to my support it though they don't want to hear it. All I get back is how AAR doesn't matter anymore and that we are not to use it competively and measure our success. I mean I realize it's not a "review metric" anymore, but then why in earth keep AAR if it's obvious corporate doesn't care?

Honestly I was disappointed that they dropped the importance of AAR, makes me wonder what's in store for electronics? Does this mean Target isn't going to put a big focus on it period?

Honestly I was disappointed that they dropped the importance of AAR, makes me wonder what's in store for electronics? Does this mean Target isn't going to put a big focus on it period?

Market source and/or Apple takeover.

Yeah attachments are definitely broken right now, and I don't think they are getting fixed.

At this time when you sell a TV with an HDMI cable, the HDMI cable is NOT attached tot he TV. Sunday I sold a TV with a wall mount, HDMI cable and a S/RP. Technically that should have been 300% transaction right there. However it puts the HDMI cables down under DVD/BluRay player as it's own thing. So I end up only getting 200% on the TV transaction and 0% for a nonsensical error with the HDMI cable, which in turn makes me 100% as apposed to 300%. Ridiculous I tell you! If you try to my support it though they don't want to hear it. All I get back is how AAR doesn't matter anymore and that we are not to use it competively and measure our success. I mean I realize it's not a "review metric" anymore, but then why in earth keep AAR if it's obvious corporate doesn't care?

I can see electronics taken over by Samsung/Apple/Windows etc the same way sections of Best Buy stores are rented out now. Heard of the pharmacy buyout yet? Welcome to the new future of Target and other big box stores. It's gonna be like a mall inside a store.

-Food Ave (Wendy's, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut)
-Market (Kroger, BiLo,Publix)
-Cosmetics (Ulta)
-Softlines (H&M, The Gap, Express)
-Sporting Goods (Sports Authority, Dicks)
-Domestics (The Pottery Barn)
-Electronics (Apple)

Target is not giving up their softlines areas or home areas. That's where we are focusing. Although it's funny that you mention Pottery Barn since that is what the Home Innovation Remodels are trending towards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back