Archived What are Target TPS for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude was a complete joke and everyone at the store either felt sad for him or hated him.

Are you sure, your not speaking about yourself?

This user has a tendency to project his insecurities on other people.

Prepare for the torrential 3 page response justifying his generalization of an entire class of individuals. Ironically, something he thinks the said TPS is guilty of.

As a former TPS and current APS, I would've handled this situation differently. I would've responded to the situation in person and informed the person that I would call law enforcement if they wouldn't leave the store. Almost every time, the aggressive person would leave. If they didn't, I would call from my cell phone and relay all information to dispatch that way and not from the office. It sounds like this TPS is fairly new or wasn't trained for a situation like this.

And it's bad that StateOfTarget hasn't met any quality AP, it's a shame. But I hope your bad experiences don't make you view most TPS and APS the same. I've dealt with a ton of terrible Team Members and Leads, but I definitely don't lump them all into the same category. With that said, that particular TPS was a bit off for sure. I have a simple theory that works very well, don't trust anyone.

Oh I see. People are saying that they are going to sue us. Because security didn't do his job

Well that won't happen even the supreme court has stated that the police have no duty to protect you. Do you really think they will hold that a AP TM does.....no
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/politics/28scotus.html?_r=0

I do agree with the other AP team members here that if he was aware of the situation that he should have at least been the floor trying to calm them down or calling police. Generally just the presence of the uniform will make people leave or at least calm down. I'm not a big guy at all and I see it happen all the time with me.

At the same time, I would not doubt (at least if its like my store) that he was not even informed of the situation until it was already over. I have had that happen to me. I'll be chilling by one of the sets of doors and I'll have a TM come up to me and say, hey did you see that girl pulling out the other girls hair across the store. I was never even notified until it was to late and they were already leaving by themselves as 20 TM's are standing around watching taking video with their cell-phones.

sorry you had to go through this. I get rude customers as a cashier but never physical cant imagine trying to be politically correct at that time.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear of this incident. Personally, the AP team at my store is wonderful! And there's no way such a thing would have gone unchecked at my target.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back