What did I get myself into?

Meli4Target

Executive Team Leader- Human Resources
Hi leaders,

So I've been a small format team leader for over a year, and I recently was asked by my DSD to report to a 65M volume store as one of their GM team leaders. I'm getting keys and a stanley code while I'm there so I figured I'll be performing opening the store duties. Any current GM Team leaders in high volume stores have any advice?

Hi leaders,

So I've been a small format team leader for over a year, and I recently was asked by my DSD to report to a 65M volume store as one of their GM team leaders. I'm getting keys and a stanley code while I'm there so I figured I'll be performing opening the store duties. Any current GM Team leaders in high volume stores have any advice?
Gmtl 1?2?3?4? Each gm has a different role . I’m Gm 1 which I own unload and pp1 . I sometimes open the store however my etl knows dam well to be in at 4:30 because once inbound is in I don’t go back to the door .

Gmtl 1?2?3?4? Each gm has a different role . I’m Gm 1 which I own unload and pp1 . I sometimes open the store however my etl knows dam well to be in at 4:30 because once inbound is in I don’t go back to the door .
Not too sure , but I know I will oversee bath/bedding/domestics/home/furn/plastics/kitchen (C&D block at my store) as well as oversee any major transitions aside from revisions/SPL's in my areas. I was a presentation team leader many years ago, so I have the plano workload under control. Just curious to see how I'm going to incorporate that with other duties as well.

Not too sure , but I know I will oversee bath/bedding/domestics/home/furn/plastics/kitchen (C&D block at my store) as well as oversee any major transitions aside from revisions/SPL's in my areas. I was a presentation team leader many years ago, so I have the plano workload under control. Just curious to see how I'm going to incorporate that with other duties as well.
Sounds like gm2 are you gonna in trucks too? We all own our workload now , Plano , price change , price audits and so forth.

Sounds like gm2 are you gonna in trucks too? We all own our workload now , Plano , price change , price audits and so forth.
that's what my new SD was saying, I think really they just want to make sure someone is on top of the pre-ties and keeping the planograms/label strips organized. I believe i'll be doing the truck on my opening weekend, and then support the inbound team during heavy freight flow. They've been taking 2-3 double trucks a week from what I'm hearing.

that's what my new SD was saying, I think really they just want to make sure someone is on top of the pre-ties and keeping the planograms/label strips organized. I believe i'll be doing the truck on my opening weekend, and then support the inbound team during heavy freight flow. They've been taking 2-3 double trucks a week from what I'm hearing.
Every Tl should pretie their areas and take care of their own labels strips . As for 2-3 double is not that bad

Back