COVID-19 What do I do about quarantine?

My partner was exposed at his workplace last Tuesday, and by Saturday we were already both beginning to feel the effects. We went in for testing on Monday and his came back positive last night. Mine was negative, but the provider told me that it was inconclusive and I needed to test again the following week (essentially, my partner probably was not infectious at the time that I tested, so I needed to give it another week to see it it had actually gestated in my system). Regardless of my own healtj, I'm living with a confirmed case that I'm unable to isolate from, and according to the information posted on the Pay and Benefits site, I would still need to quarantine for two weeks even if I run another negative test. I called my store's HR rep this morning, and after 3 failed attempts to get a hold of anyone followed by a half hour wait to speak to someone who I'm not even sure was in HR, I was rushed off the phone and told very little about what I need to do or what my options are for filing for leave. I'm emailing Pay and Benefits after making this post, but I'm still very unsure of what to do in the meantime as I'm running just about every symptom but a fever and constantly exposed to another sick person.
Has anyone had any sort of a similar experience? I'm feeling very lost and frustrated, and it's exhausting to deal with while I feel this ill.

You don’t need to file a leave of absence. If your Hr doesn’t want to take your call , call SD let him/her know that your partner got tested positive and your it’s inconclusive and you need to take a test again in a week. You have to quarantine and you have 80hr of Covid-19 that it will be used to cover your 2 weeks of quarantine .

You don’t need to file a leave of absence. If your Hr doesn’t want to take your call , call SD let him/her know that your partner got tested positive and your it’s inconclusive and you need to take a test again in a week. You have to quarantine and you have 80hr of Covid-19 that it will be used to cover your 2 weeks of quarantine .
Thank you so much for your response, seriously. Definitely gave me some ease of mind about this.

Back