Archived What do I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a cashier, still in High School, I love my job at target but I've noticed a problem. There's a person at my store who was a recent hire as a cashier, but got moved up to become a GSTL for unknown reasoning (They'd only worked there for about three months when They became a GSTL.) They've been committing fraud and helping others commit fraud.

I don't exactly know what to do, as I like my job and want to keep it. This GSTL is into 'extreme couponing' (As in when a guest has three carts full of 1,000 dollars of items then 900 coupons which don't match the items and then they walk out paying 30 dollars.) They know that the coupons don't match but for some reason They believes that because of Target's 'lenient' coupon policy that they can be accepted.

Our store recently cracked down on coupons and has a policy where the cashiers are supposed to read the coupon and follow EXACTLY what the coupon states. This baffles me as it is our job to make sure it matches. However, this GSTL tells cashiers to accept the coupon when a struggle comes between the extreme couponer guest and Target policy. The guests that do the extreme couponing come in specifically when this GSTL is working, as They have shared their schedule and numbers with these couponers.

I had an extreme couponer guest come through my lane and they had about 1,000 dollars worth of items in their three carts and the guest demanded that her coupon be accepted because it matches the brand. I called over the GSTL and the GSTL told me to accept it. It irritates me because it's a complete loss to the store. This guest was talking with another guest about her "Extreme Couponing" and how she runs a store and gets what she needs through the extreme couponing. IF I am correct, this is also fraud by the guest. The guest explained that she comes in every week when [GSTL Name] is working and gets what she needs because [GSTL Name] is the best for couponers and doesn't give them a hard time.

What do I do about this? Should I just continue blindly accepting what the GSTL informs me to do or should I report it? I don't know who to report it to either because I fear the possibility of losing my job.

TL;DR: A GSTL does extreme couponing and assists guests with their extreme couponing while violating the rules of the coupons and committing fraud.

Ask the ETL-AP or the APTL if you can talk to her in private and explain what you think is going on. If it leads to a closed, substantiated internal investigation corporate may reward you with up to a $100 gift card.

If not, that's a damned good AP.

Some people when they have only been working register and haven't been introduced around don't necessarily know who all the ETLs are, especially for a department outside their area like AP.

My store is a smaller store....we barely qualified for the pfresh remodel two years ago. Anyway, since the remodel we are now on our third (fourth?) AP person. Just the other day I had a TM/guest go through my line....when I asked this TM what store was their home store my answer was "I'm working here.....I'm your new AP person."
I didn't even know that our last AP was gone.....so if our store has the AP revolving door like this then Muammar might not have a clue who the AP person is.
If you aren't able to talk to AP then go to see your STL and tell the STL what you've seen going on.
Keep in mind though that the upper level management may already know about it and they are in the process of removing the GSTL.
However, if you're not comfortable talking to your STL then call the Hotline.

Good luck and let us know what is going on.

My vote is stl or etl hr. It's depends on definition of 1000.00 of coupons, that would be at least 3 shopping carts of items at the check lanes....we need more info. Document all events, dates, times, & etc...

if you don't report it you're probably going to get into trouble. your numbers will come up when they see a suspicious transaction and when they find a million coupons that don't match any items sold. i would report it!

Our AP team would die if we did that crap. They already had a woman try to come through with $800 worth of coupons and they said absolutely not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back