Archived What do I include in a 4x4 report.

• Thread starter Lmf
  • Start date
  • Replies 2
  • Views 1K
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lmf

I'm training in instocks and have been told I need to fill out a 4x4 report and go over it with the ETL at the end of my shift. I don't have the experience to know what I do and do not include in this report. Where do I begin? What is the most valuable information that they are looking for? What do I leave out.

Thanks in advance!!

Every store handles 4x4s differently, so I'll tell you how my store does them.

1. Superzone the aisle.
2. Check for missing labels and signs. Print if necessary.
3. Research any outs* and apply gray dots as needed. If you have the product in the backroom, drop a fill batch.
4. Replace any missing or broken fixtures, sign holders, and label strip holders. If you don't know where to find them in your fixture room, partner with a plano TM or your friendly neighborhood signing ninja.

*If an item is discontinued and out of stock, cover or remove the price label. Ask a leader if they want you to flex a different item in that location. If you do, make sure you Store Tie the item in the aisle (ask a leader which section to use, i.e. 91, 92, etc.) and print a label (and sign if necessary).

When the 4x4 process first rolled out, we had to fill out a sheet for each aisle. We would check off the areas in which we had to fix issues and note any problems that required follow-up. The sheets would go into a binder and supposedly be audited by the ETLs. Nowadays, we don't use the forms and just fix whatever we can in between assisting guests and back-up cashing.

The sheet you fill out may just be a templated chart which breaks down what info your leaders want for your assigned aisle(s). If not, ask them what they'd like to read.

Reactions: Lmf
Unless something's changed since I left the salesfloor, here's how my store handled 4x4 and their paperwork: Eh. Jot down any disasters you found and/or fixed but if you never turned it in, nobody said anything. If you're instocks they might be holding you to a higher standards since they're supposed to "own the 4x4 process" according to my TL but it never seemed to happen here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back