Archived What do you do with Items with no location?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know at my store that the work won't be completed. Not correctly, anyway. I see it already (fake ties, POG/REV tied but not set, activated pricing - but not actually done, shitty backstock, unfinished freight + backstock piled up.) We aren't fully Modernized, yet.
This is us also. I think it is because there is not full accountability yet to the dedicated team. It’s like there are too many cooks in the kitchen: the presentation team is in and out, the pricing team is in for a short time and moves on, the inbound team members may not have the same area every day. ..... I hope we see a difference once a TL is supervising the AREA for full task completion.
The key: consistent team members with strong routines.

I was told that the future Target store will be similar to TJ Max/Marshall’s/Homegoods, stuff on shelves, NO POGS, no locations, visually merchandised like the Hearth and Hand stuff.
In the same conversation I was told that increasing online shopping is the future.
The two do not compliment each other !
Poor Fullfillment Team members ! They have a hard time finding specifically located items and I am told those locations are going away.
.................... Can you say needle in a haystack ? INF through the roof !

The only way it would work is for everything to have an RFID tag. Even then, they'd need to back off the goal time because the gun isn't exactly fast.

The only way it would work is for everything to have an RFID tag. Even then, they'd need to back off the goal time because the gun isn't exactly fast.
I would want this more than anything, but it is definitely not a solution to the fundamental problems. Searching with the gun can be slow, especially if the items are in some random, unthinkable place and the chances of them backing off the goal time are realistically 0. This really sounds like it could be a disaster waiting to happen.

Good idea, I forgot about that, havn’t done flex in a while. Of course that leads to the problem of guest service not re-applying an rfid tag at point of return, resulting in an item in inventory with no way to locate it, sigh. One team STILL depends on another for doing their job right !

Anything with no sales floor location gets backstocked, whether it's active or discontinued.
Don't backstock D-Code!! Please push to a back endcap & do a store tie to locate it. D-code was pulled to be push to the floor. You might be the person who pulled out of location for pushing per your tl & sees it come back for Backstock. Then, you find that tm who pushed/backstock that pull & trained them correctly on how to handle D-code items.

Don't backstock D-Code!! Please push to a back endcap & do a store tie to locate it. D-code was pulled to be push to the floor. You might be the person who pulled out of location for pushing per your tl & sees it come back for Backstock. Then, you find that tm who pushed/backstock that pull & trained them correctly on how to handle D-code items.
ASANTS. This is how it is at mine.

It must be nice having an endless number of endcaps that discontinued items can go on.

It truly is. Right before inventory our BRTL purged all the clearance from the backroom and gave me 2 huge flats of it to work out. Took less than an hour because there was plenty of room on every clearance endcap we have. I did have to fuck around with one endcap a bit to make the big bed sets fit, but other than that it was quick and guests have now cleared out 95% of it as of Saturday.

Depends what it is:

If it's D-code (it will say "discontinued" next to the price on the device), flex it out somewhere.

If it's a return of an online only item, put the appropriate sticker on it and put it in a clearance section.

If it's another return of an item that just isn't sold at your store but is at other Targets, backstock unless told differently.

My store will salvage it instead of doing of any of the above. My TL says it’s useless to put a clearance sticker on online since it plays the back and forth game from salesfloor to backroom. I still do clearance stickers because I’m not gonna toss a $300 online only sealed car seat box when the store can sell it for at least $200.

It sounds like you had discontinued items or d-code items. Ask you tl, where to put up, do labels, & a store tie. So, other folks can find it.
By store tie, you mean tap the add button next to the current locations under MyWork 1.0? This would make the newly tied location blue instead of black. I was told to never do since we’ll get in trouble for that.
I don’t know how to do it in MyWork 2.0 but I thinks it’s somewhat similar.

By store tie, you mean tap the add button next to the current locations under MyWork 1.0? This would make the newly tied location blue instead of black. I was told to never do since we’ll get in trouble for that.
I don’t know how to do it in MyWork 2.0 but I thinks it’s somewhat similar.
By using store tie, it does turn it blue. The sfs folks or other tm's will be able to find that item at that location for guests or orders. It keeps my on hands counts up to date, especially high dollar stuff like iPads, iPhones or TV's, that are d-coded. Ap & my stl supports us on that idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back