Archived What do you really do in HR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha wow! I JUST applied for HR TM today! I'm currently a GSA... hope I get the job.

Two reasons. The first being I'm tired of being stuck at the front lanes and stressing with red cards. It gets old after while. They have been punishing Cashiers for not getting enough red cards. My score is good on red cards, but I hate to see team members coached for lack of red cards. And second off the HR TM that is leaving is AMAZING! She said she loves her job so much. It's something I've admired for awhile now. I hope I get it.

GSA and HRTM are on the same pay grade right? Right now for the job they've offered me $1 above minimum wage but I'm not even sure how it compares here (I'm in Canada)

I hope it works out for you! :)

Same paygrade in most stores.

HRTMs process new hire information, setup orientation packets, lead orientation, assist TMs with accessing eHR and answering HR-related information. Some stores have them help with cashier scheduling, etc.

I have been in the position for years - ask me any question.

Mostly it's a clerical type job, my guests are the team members, and I spend most of my time making sure all the scheduling, payroll, and and hiring details are done properly and at the right time. It's very detail oriented - which I love. I make sure the breakroom is clean, and come up with fun events for the team to do.

There's many other things - feel free to ask.

HRTM is probably the best looking low level position for a resumé if you ever want to get out of Target.

It is. I just got a HR job for a nursing home that pays Sr. TL money based off of my HR experience at Target and my experience at my last job...for those of you that might not remember, I got another job three months ago, but I recently left it to move to a different area...now I have an even better job.

It does look good. I liked it because it was more behind the scenes and I got to actually help TMs when most people were not looking out for them.

I'm sure most HRtms actually accomplish a lot, but ours spends most of her time making cute colored calendars with team activities on them, and then never follows through (or make sure someone else follows through)- "ohh, today is ice cream in the breakroom" or "card games in the breakroom", and alas, there is nothing in the breakroom. sad. lol.

I'm sure most HRtms actually accomplish a lot, but ours spends most of her time making cute colored calendars with team activities on them, and then never follows through (or make sure someone else follows through)- "ohh, today is ice cream in the breakroom" or "card games in the breakroom", and alas, there is nothing in the breakroom. sad. lol.

Bad hr! Ours is awesome!

The FFF calendar is sent from corporate, so that's something that needs to get done...I know it sounds silly, but it does.

Sometimes I got so busy I would forget to put the food that went with the day in the breakroom but my store was an opinionated one and always let me know haha, so it would get done.

Haha I'll make a mental note to stay on top of food and activities! As an elementary school teacher I learned the hard consequences of not following through on things anyways :p Kids never forget a promised activity

This is a little bit off topic, but how does Target feel about skirts? I've read about knee-length skirts, but I own this one and was curious if I could get away with it. I probably will have to just wait and see (its not as short on me, just above the knee)
V3n9ttv.png

Haha I'll make a mental note to stay on top of food and activities! As an elementary school teacher I learned the hard consequences of not following through on things anyways :p Kids never forget a promised activity

This is a little bit off topic, but how does Target feel about skirts? I've read about knee-length skirts, but I own this one and was curious if I could get away with it. I probably will have to just wait and see (its not as short on me, just above the knee)
V3n9ttv.png

this is nice, should be fine

Yeah, depends on the store. My fellow HRTM wore things like that. I think it's fine, personally.

I think you'll do just fine. You seem to want to know more about what the position core roles are, so you should go on workbench and look them up! There is also a weekly routine for HR that you should follow...it lists everything day by day, week to week, month to month, if applicable. Once you are taught how to do all of the things in the routine and sign off on your learning plan, the weekly routine will help you get a feel of how to manage your time. Good luck!

Haha, I wish I could wear a skirt, however, I spend farrrr too much time on the WAVE to make that work. ...although, maybe I'd get a payraise....lol JUSTKIDDING!!!!!

There is only one team member at my store that ever wears skirts. She wears knee-length skirts and never gets talked to about it.

If the ladies get to wear that then can the men wear this?
[image removed]

How did I know this would pop up?...

After the whole capri debate last summer, we were basically told that while the handbook does permit skirts, we weren't to try that route...and "just above the knee" is too short for official company standards.

And since you can't make rules for one gender and not the other, men could technically wear long khaki kilts...but I really don't want to look at that from most of my team members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back