Archived What does it take for a store to CLOSE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure? It's been a while, but, when I was last there, I remember they had a JCPenney, Sears & a Belks, and Target (of course) as there Anchors. It was a pretty nice mall, imo, for a smallish town. The Target itself was renovated. It has at least the P08/09 Scheme, if not better. I think it was B Volume when I was there.

I'd be shocked to see that whole mall just shut down. Although it has been a while, and I do know things change... :(
The other thing to note is that there are two other T's in either direction now "nearby", in areas with higher retail traffic/demographics. The people that would have driven to the mall Target, no longer need to, and don't seem to either. The mall needs help - when you have to play dodge the potholes in the parking lot... well, things are hurting! (I was in the area a few weeks ago.... almost got ran over by the "had to be 80 if he was a day" old security guard too! :eek: )

Every year Target closes a handful (like 4 or 5) stores.

Yes but they also open a couple new stores here and there.

This. In some cases, it may be easier to replace an old store than to keep changing leadership (or remodel if it's a REALLY old prototype and/or the building has serious issues).

We're wondering if we would ever be relocated... The shopping center we're attached to is kinda dead and most of the other retailers (Wal-Mart, Meijer, Kroger, few specialty retailers) have put up shop on another main street in town. The other surrounding Targets are PFresh's and almost all our negative complaints/call center comments are because we don't have the PFresh. We think that a PFresh could work in the area we're in, but the store is in the wrong place.

Sears: Sears/KMART is in really bad shape. Not a surprise to see some stores close.

The majority shareholder of Sears/Kmart announced that more stores will be closing next year. That's a great morale booster right there, "Let's freak out the employees who are already wondering when their store will close without telling each ones yet!"

When I went through a store closing with Kfart, we found out the day after Christmas. District manager came in, called us to the office, told us the store would be closing, and introduced us to the guy who would be running the liquidation sale.

Never again.

My store has been broken into and robbed 3 times in the past couple of months.

Was it as bad as this?

14wdc6.png

dpcy7l.png

Wow, did they drive a truck in the door and load it up?

That happened to our sister store 8+ yrs ago. They went without an ATM until the next remodel & relocated it further in around the corner from SD.

I think the only benefit, is this store, has the larger entrance, and they didn't cause any structural damage in the process. I've seen a lot worse happen.

I know about the one in Leesburg, Fla. My Mother-in-law lives in Leesburg. Apparently, the whole mall is closing down.

Are you sure? It's been a while, but, when I was last there, I remember they had a JCPenney, Sears & a Belks, and Target (of course) as there Anchors. It was a pretty nice mall, imo, for a smallish town. The Target itself was renovated. It has at least the P08/09 Scheme, if not better. I think it was B Volume when I was there.

I'd be shocked to see that whole mall just shut down. Although it has been a while, and I do know things change... :(

It's true. I've been hearing the same things. I'm south of leesburg.

Sears: Sears/KMART is in really bad shape. Not a surprise to see some stores close.

The majority shareholder of Sears/Kmart announced that more stores will be closing next year. That's a great morale booster right there, "Let's freak out the employees who are already wondering when their store will close without telling each ones yet!"

When I went through a store closing with Kfart, we found out the day after Christmas. District manager came in, called us to the office, told us the store would be closing, and introduced us to the guy who would be running the liquidation sale.

Never again.

The K Mart in winter garden FL closed in the past few months. I wouldn't doubt it.

We used to have three Kmarts in the area, north, south and east. The east side Kmart was the only store to close so far. It was actually apart of that very early round of closings when they sold a bunch of buildings off to Home Depot (that's what it is now). The other two are stores that time forgot. Their electronics sections are a joke, with stuff all over the base decks. Hardly any rhyme or reason to anything. The south one closed down it's little Caesars pizza station. It will be interesteting to see if one of these finally close.

As for target stores, we have two others in the area besides mine. I don't see any of them closing anytime soon. Mine is the older of the three, but it is also highest volume of the three.

The Kmart by my BF which closed a few months ago still had VCRs and Fax Machines listed on the display of their back wall.

The Kmart near my work doesn't even carry CDs. Just iTunes cards.

Basically its a Video game wall, TV Wall, an aisle of DVDs and a few random Electronics and thats it.

Wow! I'm really old cause I remember when Sears was a very nice store. The Kmarts in this area were nice too. They had a great shoe selection & they were pretty well made. The one near me is so dark, dirty & depressing.

When I was little little a million years ago, I used to tell people I lived at Kmart lol Must of been nice back then!

One thing that will do it is if the mall has an exclusive contract with Target for retail stores and they try to put a competitor in the mall.

There's one store in my group. Always last place for backroom score. Always red. We'll see when that one closes.

We must be close to the same age, cause I remember that, too.

When I was in Cali a few years ago, I wandered into a Kmart, and it was actually nice. As I was told, while checking out, it had just been renovated...

Why don't they renovate more stores? I mean, I'm sure it'd help a lot, with the store traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back