Archived What does it take to get credit limit increase on a red card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking to buy a Tv and looked at my credit limit recently. It's still stuck @ $300 since 7 years ago. WTF Target. I have a great credit score and it's not budging. Is it because I'm a Target TM?

I heard it increases automatically and calling customers service won't do anything.

I'm looking to buy a Tv and looked at my credit limit recently. It's still stuck @ $300 since 7 years ago. WTF Target. I have a great credit score and it's not budging. Is it because I'm a Target TM?

I heard it increases automatically and calling customers service won't do anything.
I would call credit services or go online at target com& ask for your credit limit raise.

Call the customer service and request a increase. They will ask you for you annual income and do a hard pull on your credit report.

Careful though when asking for credit limit increases. They might do a "hard" pull on your credit history and cause your score to lower a bit.

To be honest, instead of using a hard inquiry. You may be better off simply applying for a new credit card, at a different bank.

Especially, if you're making this TV Purchase, on credit... and don't have plans to pay it off immediately.

I know from the little mailers that..

Chase has a bunch of 15-Month Zero APR offers currently. And Citi has a card with 21-Months zero APR. I think Discover also has a similar offer at the moment, as well.

That's something you should definitely keep in mind. Because the 5% Discount on the purchase, is not going to make up for what you pay in interest, in the long term.

With that said... if you're planning to make this purchase and pay it in full at the end of the month. Than... go ahead. It's probably worth it.. to call Target and get a credit line increase, especially.. if you find yourself spending a lot more than $300 a month in your store.

Also. Don't forget. You could also use the Target Debit RedCard... as well. It'd pull straight out of your checking account, and you'd still get the 5% Discount too ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back