Archived What does the Visual Merchandiser do now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

That doesn’t answer my question. My question is about job duties, not pay.

Ours nitpicked the Style TLs about how bad their areas looked with 1 TM per day working in them for a 4 hour shift (if we're lucky) went on break with every single one of those TMs, even if that meant 6 breaks a day, and spent the rest of the time moving things around in the nearly empty "gifting" sections without filling them...

At my store we are going through modernization, but the VM still does adjacencies and she also does Home and Hearth and Hand resets; when the VM position was first introduced they helped out the brand team members with adjacencies and POGs, when the second one came in she had more of a TL role, but still changed adjacencies after Brand TMs had done them if she didn't like something. The first one left for Nordstrom because she didn't like the lack of creative freedom at Target, the second one left to work at a Bridal shop which everyone was really happy about because she was just plain rude and we were annoyed that she changed everything after we had done it instead of working with us through the process.

We're on our third since the position was introduced and I've heard her say stuff like "What is the point of me being here" too, but she's lasted a full year which is longer than the first two. What I'm trying to say is since the beginning, at least at my store, being a former brand TM and currently style TM, where I've worked closely with VMs is that they all had the same question. However, our VM has also taken on more of a leadership role over time.

Ours almost did that but then she changed her mind. Now she seems to only work when she feels like it. Which isn't often.
Ours bitches for teams besides softlines to backup enough where you’d think she’s GSTL. “Softlines is being singled out for backup they’re expected up there more” NO SHIT they’re expected up there more there’s 8 of them here during lunch rush! I expect softlines to respond for backup 4 times as often as the dry grocery team of 2, as there’s 4 times as many of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back