Archived What does your ETL-LOG do day to day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious to hear what other Backroom and Flow TL's think of their ETL-LOG. Do you typically get support? I'm asking because I'm currently in the situation where I have two months left till I transfer out as an ETL to my new store (currently a Sr.TL) but over the last 3 months I've essentially been the ETL LOG while my ETL tried to support a flawed flow process and a failing presentation team. My ETL comes in hours after the unload is complete, essentially right as we're wrapping up the truck. Checks in to see how they're doing, then effectively disappears until called for. Rather than pushing any challenge from the trucks, it magically is changed to pulls before the closing team comes in. Is anyone else in this situation? I'm more concerned for my team and the other logistics teams after I leave. I just don't want to see years of hard work and routines go down the drain.

Our ETL log comes in with us at the start of the truck and either helps keep the unload going or bowls out chem/hba pallets. Then typically helps out plano later in the day. If the backroom is the worst (very rarely) they will get the help. Usually works with one of the teams until the ETL meeting or until the schedule needs done but most everything is usually done by then.

When I was a srtl rep, my etl came in and stayed in her office all day.

She started off very good, but the terrible stl got it in her head that her only job was to coach me and I should be leading both flow and backroom during a truck while being lod.

When we didn't have a Flow TL (plenty quit under his reign), he would come in at 5:30 and run the unload. He would generally stay with the wave and occasionally disappear for periods of time.

When we did have a Flow TL or he managed to convince the BRTL to run the truck, he would come in around 7 and stay in receiving and move pallets around, bug the shit out of the receiver, and tell any passing TMs to stop what they were doing and go do something else instead. He would definitely NOT give support to the TLs and would often undermine them by giving conflicting orders to TMs. Some TMs had to learn the art of getting him to tell us to do what we were already doing.

Our DTL and GVP were not pleased with his performance and termed him after a rough back-to-school and 4th quarter.

walk around with a chip on their shoulder because they have a higher up position but nobody respects them or takes them seriously. take out their insecurities and frustrations about not being effective at their job by running the competitant people off. and taking credit for anything that happened to go right in spite of the etl's involvement.

My ETL comes in with the unload team and unloads the truck with them. He then helps them push and normally stays with the flow team unless he's Lod and has to go take care of something or we have a meeting. When we did the overnight for the grocery transition he was right along side me setting and pushing. He's the best ETL I have ever had. All previous ETL-logs I have had just walked around and didn't help. He will help out the backroom if they get behind, he pulls our tune in Tuesday batches on Tuesday mornings, and he will push pulls if needed too.

Our Etl Log is all about flow/backroom. I doubt he even knows how to load a hip printer, much less do price change.

My previous one was awful. She would only push flow boxes that were tiny. Stop working to show her puppy videos to random TM. Not have a clue on how to work a PDA. Wear reveling pants (I didn't mind, nice eye candy). Show almost no support for br or in stocks. God.

One day after I spoke with a few tm's, we all going to complain about her towards hr. Around 7 of us. She then announced she was leaving with a 5 day notice...

I'd like to recognize the flow team for being green in all areas YTD- ESTL logistics every huddle, smelling like the free breakfast they just woofed down with flow team.

My ETL-LOG is an egotistical and narcissistic headcase. If you're not a gym rat or fitness nut like he is, you're pretty much useless in his eyes. He will help throw the truck sometimes when he thinks the flow team isn't going fast enough, which he complains about constantly despite us always getting our trucks done. He'll help push hardlines, but that's only to spy on team members he, again, doesn't think are going as fast as they should be.

He totally and completely ruined team morale by not only doing that, but also by having his suck-ups turn informant on the rest of the team and by constantly undermining the TL on flow. He always takes credit for things he did not do, and seldom approves time off requests.

His main function seems to be promising the STL the moon. Whatever the STL wants, he guarantees it. This in turn has led to the STL believing that the flow team is comprised of a bunch of genies who can bend the laws of time and physics.

sit at starbucks with his affair and hollar for you to "just flex it out!"

One of our former ETL-LOG was a worthless immature wack-job! He allowed the backroom to become a real potential fire hazard, He loved telling people what to do but did very little himself and at times he was too "busy" to let me in the cash office when the LOD would be in at 8am and was the ONLY one in the building who could let me in.

My ETL LOG comes in with us at 5:30am to start unload. If I don't need his help with the unload he goes out to grocery and starts bowling grocery with the 6am team that comes in and will move on to middle and keep bowling so the team can keep working. He's the best ETL LOG our store has had in a long time. Depending on how big the truck is or how the day is looking, he will either stay with Flow, help Plano out if needed (which he has been doing a lot of lately to get them caught up), help price change or help in the backroom. He is very global with his areas and jumps in with whoever needs the most help.

Even though we recently transitioned from overnight to 4AM, my ETL-Log has very little involvement with anything outside of the truck process. That said, he is one of the hardest working ETLs in the store (and likely the district) and knows a ton about everything logistics. Plano, pricing, instocks, and dayside backroom are under the purview of my ETL-Ops.

I caught my old one looking for jobs off stage when he was suppose to be out helping an extremely behind log team get through grocery before store open.

He helps unload the truck and then disappears unless called for on the walkie. Occasionally coming out from his hiding place to talk to the TL to see how the process is coming along. Sometimes he'll help push but that's pretty rare outside of near Q4.
I'm not part of the flow/morning team so I don't care much for him either way apparently he is an improvement over the last ETL so that's something I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back