Archived What exactly are Sales Floor TLs responsible for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ringwraith917

Professional Badass
Research was taken away from them years ago, since then they've been busy setting sales planners. But now that's part of Pricing/Presentation. So what's left for them to do all day? Corrective action & writing schedules?

I'm sure they'll still be doing SPLs that POG can't get to. And maintaining aisles/endcaps that need attention.

Otherwise... Not much.

With how payroll has been though, might as well just call them an overpaid backup cashier lol.

Research was taken away from them years ago, since then they've been busy setting sales planners. But now that's part of Pricing/Presentation. So what's left for them to do all day? Corrective action & writing schedules?

Working the floor since there aren't enough hours for anyone else to do so.

Re: sales planners - At my store, the sales floor TLs are still setting them, but they're scheduled under presentation instead.

Really? I'm a sales floor TL over Hardlines and Market/P-fresh now. I'm also a Senior TL, and I am SOOO busy everyday. If it's not merchandising clearance, it's attempting to PTM, or catching up sales planners that weren't set weeks ago. I'm also planning out salesplanners for upcoming weeks, scanning instocks when I get equipment to do so, and now with taking on P-fresh I'm learning a whole new area, and on top of that completing 4x4 walks.
I do also write schedule for electronics, hardlines, salesfloor, and market.

Sounds like you're picking up the slack from other teams as much as taking care of your own duties. Sales planners and In-stocks should be taken care of now by the presentation and instocks teams. PTMs I did overlook, and I'm not sure what a 4x4 walk is. Is that the brand walk?

At our store it feels like the TLs outnumber the TMs. Because they're cutting payroll to TMs so badly it seems like the sales floor TLs are now glorified TMs. On one hand it seems like they're on the floor so much more now. On the other hand they're not fun to work with because they're overworked which is understandable.

@Ringwraith917 Really? You don't know what a 4x4 walk is? Seems like the leadership at your store has a lot of work to do. The rollout of 4x4s happened a while back.

4x4s are basically a super zone of the entire plus cleaning and researching. The point of 4x4s is to have everything in stock and available for the guests to purchase which in turn, increases sales then sales "supposedly" increase your hours. Works for everyone.

Anyone got a 4x4 thread here?

@Ringwraith917 Really? You don't know what a 4x4 walk is? Seems like the leadership at your store has a lot of work to do. The rollout of 4x4s happened a while back.

4x4s are basically a super zone of the entire plus cleaning and researching. The point of 4x4s is to have everything in stock and available for the guests to purchase which in turn, increases sales then sales "supposedly" increase your hours. Works for everyone.

Sorry, of the entire what?

The only time anything at my store is super-zoned is after a POG set :(. The store looks terrible.

Btw, I'm a lowly TM, so I'm not always privy to the Target lingo used by leadership.

That is funny. Our TL's push the mountains of clearance, PTM cause the In-stocks team has had their hours cut to the bone and then some so they can't do any PTM anymore. They can hardly push their own pulls. TL's are the hard lines and soft lines TM's, coverage for electronics, GSTL, backroom and push CAF pulls..

Oh and don't forget to drop everything including guest service so they can zone for an hour during power hour, while the STL and ETL's just stand around and gossip.

We may get one HL TM at about 3pm to close.. Before that, none that are not a process team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back