Archived What exactly do they do when they walk the store at 7am?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranger

Backroom/Instocks
As a lowly TM, I've often tried to eavesdrop and listen in on what the ETLs/TLs/STL actually talk about when they all walk around the store reeeallly slow en masse, every day at about 7am. But I can barely hear what they have to say, as they are all practically whispering to each other. Can someone shed some light as to what the point of this 'walk' is, and what they discuss?

I'm sure they use the typical Target lingo and talk about what sucks, what is great, what needs work, etc..

On Saturday's:
1. Flow pushing truck
If it is not going well, instocks & dayside are helping out.
2. Clearance - moves well on weekends.
3. Ptm's - do it if you can.
4. Saleplanners for ad - if tl's didn't do them.
5. Reshop & push
6. Ad takedown

Sunday:
1. Reshop & recovery
2. Ad set
3. Saleplanners
4. Guest service & push

I wish our leaders would do their walk before the store opens rather than being "unavailable" for the entire time. I can't see how that is "guests first".

Ours walk before the store opens. Aisle by aisle, checking to see if planners need to be killed/refilled, checking remnants of ON, discussing the day's forecast, etc.

Ah ok, that's pretty much what I figured they do, just wondering if there was any secret activity that goes on during those walks...:p

our walk every morning takes 45 minutes because our stl stops way too much. i tried to speed it up to 15 minutes, lasted a week. we typically do not walk on sat or sun

In a ULV it's more of a formality at LOD turnover times to make a lap together while you go over anything the other one needs to know. You could easily do this standing at the TSC, but sometimes walking by something jogs your memory i guess...

Our walks happen on Monday and last anywhere from 15 minutes to 20.

We are looking for hot spots. Blown endcaps, PTMs and problems. Then we make a list, figure out how to fix the problems and that's that.

No brand walk should take that long.

In a ULV it's more of a formality at LOD turnover times to make a lap together while you go over anything the other one needs to know. You could easily do this standing at the TSC, but sometimes walking by something jogs your memory i guess...

Even in an ULV (I am in one), when you're handing off the store, you want to walk so neither can say the other screwed them. If you're closing, you walk to make sure that the opener doesn't leave you any "surprises." And if you're opening, you walk so that you can say that the closer saw the store before you left and accepted it in whatever the condition was. In other words, the hand off walk is a way to CYA.

There are at least 4 walks daily in our store...7am is when all LODs walk the store with the Task LOD accessong the current state of the store prior to opening and make a tasl list for team to be completed by noon. There is also other talk.

There is another walk at 10:45am where the Task LOD is turning the store over to the Service LOD. Its an update to what everybody is working on. Tasks end at noon at which point that Service LOD is ensuring that the team is working on reshop, push, servicing the guests etc.

There is another walk at 3:45pm where the Service LOD turns the store over to the Recovery LOD. More walking, more talking about current state of backroom and store and whats what and who is doing what.

Each of these walks involves a discussion of team member attendance as well as collecting reshop off endcaps and out of the aisles.

The last walk of the night is when Recovery is turning over to the Overnight LOD. This is mostly a walk of the backroom to determine whats what and any attendance issues.

ours talk about restaurants, sun tan lotion, cloths and their boyfriend/girlfriend, husband/wives.

:p

Last edited:
At my store any TL's who are available and not extremely busy will walk as well. Especially at Opening or Close, just because our TL's run task more than our ETL's do.

However, the ETL/TL walks are very productive IMO. Or at least the ones I've walked in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back