Archived What exactly is Presentation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've worked on the front end forever and I've recently done some salesfloor shifts, but on the schedule that just came out I got scheduled for Presentation. I have no idea what that is, can anybody give me a quick description of what to expect?

It depends. You could be doing the adjacency in softlines, doing revisions, or setting new POGs. It's best to ask the TL of Pricing/Presentation, they would know best :)

In general, the adjacency is the department floorpad layout. Every department has an adjacency that shows which planograms go on which aisles. Visual adjacencies are used in areas like softlines (except for the basics areas and any areas that are strictly to planogram) and seasonal for merchandise displays that are not on a strict planogram. In softlines, they are books of pictures that show what goes on each rack or mannequin and how the racks should be arranged. For hardlines visual areas, they are books or sheets that show how the patio furniture should be arranged, or how the tables should be merchandised during the holidays.

I've worked on the front end forever and I've recently done some salesfloor shifts, but on the schedule that just came out I got scheduled for Presentation. I have no idea what that is, can anybody give me a quick description of what to expect?
They might have scheduled you to help push the Back to School merch. The one time I was scheduled under presentation it was to help with the Halloween setup, pulling batches and pushing to newly set aisles. Meanwhile the presentation team was setting up the aisles with shelves ad labels and all that.

That's assuming your store hasn't set BTS yet and won't for a couple more weeks. I'd ask the TL for that department about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back