What is Closing Expert?

Hey everyone I was just wondering what your stores do with your closing expert. My store used to have two one of which was me who was in charge of one spot, batteries, checklane endcaps and the gift card wall. The other one always just zone endcaps and sometimes a certain set of aisles like toys. Now we only have the one who just zones. Is this just my store that does this? I feel like it’s a waste of a position if you are just going to have someone zone endcaps because in reality now with DBOs they should be zoning while they work.

I feel like it’s a waste of a position if you are just going to have someone zone endcaps because in reality now with DBOs they should be zoning while they work.
Your store doesn’t get busy after 12:30 when p1 goes home? Or after 5:30 when p2 goes home? Closing expert should just defend the zone after the p1-p2 leaves .

Closing experts at my store do zone, reshop and 1-1s or OOS if time (LOL). Priorities are ASANTS and depend on your SD. Our previous SD sort of rotated tasks, but our new SD wants a perfect zone & all reshop done (LOL), so we rarely do pulls at night.

If I'm lucky we have 3 closing experts and can actually get through zone reasonably well, and do some reshop. If not, it's just one closing expert, then it's just endcaps and clear out the worst of the reshop from the aisles. This is in 4-5 hour CE shifts.

we have 1 closing expert who works a shift mirrored to the closing team lead and helps direct and lead the closing gm/style/consumables crew

I'm one of the two CEs at my store, and our team lead gave us specific aisles that we both own all over the floor. They're the "hot spots" that guests easily trash and ruin, so paper, plastics, aircare, stationery, and a few aisles in domestics. In the beginning, we would go through this routine, ending the shift zoning whatever section gets shopped the most (usually seasonal). We used to never touch reshop, but would do reshop with the strays we find in the aisles we owned. We still go through this routine, but sometimes our TL gives us other projects to do instead of zoning. Lately it's been 141s and then helping with reshop OR doing our closing routine depending on how busy the night gets. I don't mind doing 141s, but I really enjoy the small projects with salesplanners, flexing products, shoot..... even super zoning lol

Back