Archived What is going on with the pda network/network?

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggygirl10

Instocks TM
It seems like the pda's are going down so so often lately. Mostly in the mornings. when I am hustling around trying to scan the store and do rainchecks. What the heck is going on? Also sometimes it is not just the pdas but the registers and the guest registries. Come on India. lol

Our PDA's went down Wed morning so we couldn't scan the truck.. ended up being all push.. thank god it was a baby truck at only 1800 pieces.

Yeah our store isn't push all. Normally our trucks are about 2100 pieces with 400-500 as backstock. We've done a couple push all trucks in the past, and I like the process.

Yeah our store isn't push all. Normally our trucks are about 2100 pieces with 400-500 as backstock. We've done a couple push all trucks in the past, and I like the process.

Interesting. Our store tested push-all and it was a disaster. Half the store would get semi-pushed and the other half would be backstocked. It ruined our replenishment scores.

Interesting. Our store tested push-all and it was a disaster. Half the store would get semi-pushed and the other half would be backstocked. It ruined our replenishment scores.

^This! We went from being green in Scans w/ Loc % every week before the push all started, and then once that began (and to add to that the segmenting of the task list) our Replenishment score tanked every week. Glad I wasn't the only one...

^This! We went from being green in Scans w/ Loc % every week before the push all started, and then once that began (and to add to that the segmenting of the task list) our Replenishment score tanked every week. Glad I wasn't the only one...

All of Canada's stores from what I know are push-all, regardless of volume. We'd do this with 3000+ piece trucks and still get through most of the morning's freight.

...but it is starting to show in the backroom quite a bit.

All of Canada's stores from what I know are push-all, regardless of volume. We'd do this with 3000+ piece trucks and still get through most of the morning's freight.

...but it is starting to show in the backroom quite a bit.

This is correct. The main reason for this is that Canada stores are running on a Chrome based platform for their "Web-based Applications" while US stores are running on a Java platform. Cross-platform support/development for the applications at launch of the stores wasn't exactly in mind. To be fair, Canada is technically the guinea pig testing the Chrome platform for the eventual move when RFAPP's goes away for US stores and all move to "Web-based."

Don't fret, the Chrome based applications are extremely fast, even faster compared to RFAPP's. In fact, the original developers for RFAPP's are actually the ones who are currently developing the applications for the Canadian stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back