Archived What is Target's policy on guns?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people should be allowed to defend themselves against bad guys but I can see why people get nervous when they see people with pistols or rifles in public. I also wouldn't have a problem with a woman having a small pistol or revolver in her purse she can defend herself against rapists.

As much as I dislike guns, I have no problem with folks walking around with pistols in holsters.
I DO have a problem with these "little dick, big stick" types parading around with assault rifles slung over their shoulders for the sole purpose of inviting confrontation & intimidation. Way to help your cause....NOT!
Some of these guys in the pics look like frustrated gamers living in their mama's basement.

I just don't see why there isn't a push to train women to defend themselves against bad guys. I think banning all guns is the wrong way to go and if you ban guns, you have to ban anything that can be used as a weapon. Let's be honest. If a person wants to do harm to others, they will find whatever means they need to cause people pain. It doesn't have to be a gun. That shooter at the California college a couple of weeks ago killed 3 people with knives. So even with a gun ban, that bad guy still would have killed 3 people.

Giving anyone who presents a license/ID isn't helping either. Nor passing out more guns or an outright ban.
How many places require a mandatory gun safety course before handing a gun to any Tom, Dick or Harry?
How about a lifetime ban on gun ownership if someone dies because you didn't have your gun secured or if it was used in a crime?
Gun ownership should be a privilege, not a right - just like driving a car.
You have to prove proficiency & skill by taking a driving class to get your permit. You take a test to earn your license; you have to renew said license & maintain insurance to keep that privilege.
A car has many uses; a gun has just one. Banning them isn't the answer but make it a privilege & you'll quickly sort out the responsible owners from the yahoos.

Can we not turn this into a political argument.

Nobody is saying ban all guns

274161046_Free_Waterfall_Jr_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

I am!

...Nah just kidding but Futurama jokes are the best jokes.

I learned to shoot before I was twelve.
I made sure both my daughters knew how to handle a weapon at an early age.
They both have done concealed carry at different times.
I trust them.
Those smegheads getting in peoples faces with their steel strap-ons?
Not for a second.
They are the kind of dick for brains who don't put away their toys and then the neighbor kid gets a hold of it.
Next thing you know there's another news article about a three year old girl having the top of her head shot off by "accident".
It was no accident, that kid was murdered.

I've fired a gun only a handful of times and I would say I'd be too nervous and paranoid to own one. Very loud too.

Can't say how many or what types I've fired without outing myself at my store.

Usually I would leave my pistol in my vehicle but I would occasionally carry it in my waistband while working the salesfloor, especially on Black Friday and during the holidays......... Didnt want to hit it on something ......
Yep, don't wanna go off half-cocked now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back