Archived What should I do in this situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had 8 minutes left on the clock. I come in prepared to do my final check on restrooms. I had pressure put on me recently to try and check restrooms before I leave. I do. So, as I'm about to walk to our cart attendant closet they call for someone at guest services to help with a TL. They already knew that I didn't have time but, LOD called me. I told him I couldn't do it, I get yelled at, blah blah blah, etc. so, should I have missed out on doing bathrooms to help a guest?

Yes, you probably should have helped the guest. If the LOD asks you to do something, say "OK, but I'm supposed to do ___. If you want me to, I'll do as you ask." It's their decision, not yours. Always give the LOD the heads up on what your plans are, and if they want to change them, so be it. It's beyond your control.

As annoying as it is, spot wants us to have a guest first mentality. Take care of the guest first before the task on hand.

After you took care of the guest, you should have gone to LOD and explained that restrooms need to be checked. "Do you want me to do it and clock out late or should we find someone else to take care of the restrooms?" You make the guest happy, you put the issue in LOD's lap and you are golden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back