What to do with all the Discontinued?

As new aisles and endcaps have been setting for the past couple of weeks there has been a TON of decode. I've been told the company wants us to use it to keep the floor full. But how are we expected to then set new endcaps or push the new product when it's space is occupied by discontinued? I have probably 15 or more endcaps of purely dcode that just isn't going clearance.

Any suggestions?

What department? Spot did well this year for me in market and clearanced out all the old stuff that switched to good and gather pretty early and it mostly went salvage the week it set. Except for coffee but they gave us an endcap in the planning. We did end up using two endcaps because we had a lot. Signing and pricing your endcaps and clearance helps it sell better. Ive recently switched departments and all my discontinued in toys got clearanced today. Id say the best thing to do is get creative with endcaps.

I absolutely loathe that there isn't a seamless transition for d-code items. It's not like they don't know this stuff isn't on pog, they are the ones that decided it wouldn't be! Put that crap on clearance BEFORE the pog changes.

Without outing myself with specifics, my store's "solution" lately has been to make d-code disappear. Take from that what you will.

We use one end cap for MP pasta and one for alll the discontinued coffee. Recently we salvaged all the coffee as it wasn’t selling much . Everything is still at the ambient room . Pasta is still selling ok . We are yet to do pasta aisle reset . MP pasta sauce are long gone .. Now we are flexing G&g sauces there .

At my store they had me defect out all the d-code/clearance beans that they didn't have room for and I donated them all. Will probably be told to do the same with all the pasta and sauce. I have no idea if defecting all that out instead of letting it go salvage is going to screw up numbers, but I did what my TL told me. We also have 2 or 3 carts of electronics d-code just sitting in our cage and I have not idea what is happening with that. They'll probably just have me defect it all instead of at least attempting to sell it, which is annoying because a bunch of it would sell if it made it to the floor. And that is another thing that I have no idea how it could mess with metrics.

At my store they had me defect out all the d-code/clearance beans that they didn't have room for and I donated them all.
Are you a receiver ? Asking because of your nick name. And if you are your area is the area where shortage happens the most. And if you don’t know how doing that is affecting the metrics you need to re-train. I’m not being sarcastic or trying to be mean. Document that the Tl is making you do that , because of Ap deciders to pull the report you’re name will be on it and you can get fired for it.

At my store they had me defect out all the d-code/clearance beans that they didn't have room for and I donated them all. Will probably be told to do the same with all the pasta and sauce. I have no idea if defecting all that out instead of letting it go salvage is going to screw up numbers, but I did what my TL told me. We also have 2 or 3 carts of electronics d-code just sitting in our cage and I have not idea what is happening with that. They'll probably just have me defect it all instead of at least attempting to sell it, which is annoying because a bunch of it would sell if it made it to the floor. And that is another thing that I have no idea how it could mess with metrics.
Best practice specifically for market is to defect out all of the d-code market as it doesn’t go through the clearance process. There is a notice on Workbench with a reminder about it.

Are you a receiver ? Asking because of your nick name. And if you are your area is the area where shortage happens the most. And if you don’t know how doing that is affecting the metrics you need to re-train. I’m not being sarcastic or trying to be mean. Document that the Tl is making you do that , because of Ap deciders to pull the report you’re name will be on it and you can get fired for it.
Yep, I'm the receiver. I was trained over 2 years ago and that was never something that was brought up. I was just thrown into it and was trained by a ETL who didn't know what they were doing. The only metrics I was shown was those for overriding to destroy. I'll have to let my TL know that this isn't what should be done, they told me that it doesn't have any effect on metrics. Guess I need to track down the person who was pricing TL and ask them about it. In my store it turns into 'We don't know what to do with it, just give it to RevLogRaven and let them figure it out."

Best practice specifically for market is to defect out all of the d-code market as it doesn’t go through the clearance process. There is a notice on Workbench with a reminder about it.
I just saw that, I'll have to tell the person doing the resets to not give me any of that stuff.

Yep, I'm the receiver. I was trained over 2 years ago and that was never something that was brought up. I was just thrown into it and was trained by a ETL who didn't know what they were doing. The only metrics I was shown was those for overriding to destroy. I'll have to let my TL know that this isn't what should be done, they told me that it doesn't have any effect on metrics. Guess I need to track down the person who was pricing TL and ask them about it. In my store it turns into 'We don't know what to do with it, just give it to RevLogRaven and let them figure it out."
All I’m saying that there is reports for defective that Ap and Etl have access to keep an eye on the shortage . These reports has the name of who defecting it why, and what was the disposition and the value of it.
If I would see my receiver doing it he would be fired . I would pull the camera too

Attachments

• F0AF2FF3-7022-4792-AA38-0356D36593A6.jpeg
    F0AF2FF3-7022-4792-AA38-0356D36593A6.jpeg
    260.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 660A30BF-E4D4-4C93-AA54-610086DFD4B6.jpeg
    660A30BF-E4D4-4C93-AA54-610086DFD4B6.jpeg
    67.3 KB · Views: 61
I don't understand, it's like target forgot about putting items on clearance. I'm to the point now that I am running out of endcap space for new sales planners because of all of the d-code.

If they're going to do this, they REALLY need to give stores more store option endcaps where they can merchandise it all.
This!! But they keep sending new sales planners and aren't accounting for the ones they are supposed to replace that are filled with d-code. I've just started backstocking dcode

This would make too much sense, but products on pogs that die or get replaced with a revision or transition should jump to clearance as soon as they're NOP if they haven't already
With Mywork I was able to SIM - single item markdown any d-code items that there were less than 12 of
- any more than that they went on a sidecap at full price until they sold down.
But I haven’t found the same capability in MyDay

With Mywork I was able to SIM - single item markdown any d-code items that there were less than 12 of
- any more than that they went on a sidecap at full price until they sold down.
But I haven’t found the same capability in MyDay
It is still under myWork... we’ve had to do that for the crapload of d-code in Tech this week.

Back