Archived What to expect for 4 AM flow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a p-t job on flow, 4am-9:00am. Anyone w/ experience that could list what their day was like? Edit: I found a post describing the process, it was O/N - I figure the same thing happens, just starts at 4am.

Also, how soon after orientation could I expect to actually start?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Same ideal as the overnight, biggest difference being that at store open you cant have boxes, pallets or jacks on the floor. You have to offload pallets onto flats or tubs and work off of that staying out of guest way and providing guest assistance at the same time. You should learn the line (unloading), bowling and reading the schematic on the label. First shift after orientation really depends on the store and payroll for that week. I know ours rolls into the next week sometimes because were over on payroll. But on a normal situation usually next day or two later.

Know that your schedule might say 9 but you are expected to stay until the truck is done.

We come in at 4am. 4 people build pallets on the push side, 2 people on the backstock side, one person scans, one does security, one line pusher and two truck throwers. 3 people pull pallets while 1 person bowls A&B and one bowls toys/sporting goods/luggage/mini/seasonal/infants and two people break out softlines and red repacks. One person in electronics. Throwers rotate after 30 minutes. Truck is done by 4:55 and A&B bowled by 5:05. The wave starts the push while the bowlers do the rest of the store then push infants and C&D while the rest of the wave pushes the rest of the store. One person per aisle with two challengers checking back-stock.

In the backroom: 4 people pull the autofills by 5am and then do the blackline until we bring backstock back.

Entire process finished by 8:30am at the latest.

If we had enough people to spare or a fast enough flow team, it'd be something nice to do. Our TL will sometimes audit to make sure everything that is backstock is really backstock.

If we had enough people to spare or a fast enough flow team, it'd be something nice to do. Our TL will sometimes audit to make sure everything that is backstock is really backstock.

If you have the staffing to re-push all the challenge, it might help your scans w/ loc score.

Yeah, we have some really bad areas although I'm told some instocks members might help something to do with that. Not sure about it, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back