Archived What to Expect: Seasonal Employment Wrap Up (and a softlines Q)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's still 10 days until Christmas, but I was wondering what to expect as far as wrapping up seasonal employment.

When is the usual last work week for seasonal hires -I'm guessing the week ending 1/3 or maybe 1/10? Is there an exit procedure? Do you get formal notice of your last work day via a letter or a specific one on one conversation with HR or someone else? If so, do they give you a couple of weeks' notice? I've never held a seasonal job before. Thanks!

Also, is there any hierarchy to where you are assigned as a softlines TM? I generally close and zoning and reshop are my main assignments. Seems that in our store, people are consistently assigned to the same zone every shift. I've worked in all of the sections, but after experiencing them all, I've been in what we call "the middle" every shift for the past two weeks (that's luggage, shoes, performance, intimates and accessories). I've noticed that the middle involves the least folding -- does that mean that it's the bottom of the barrel for assignments? I've had nothing but positive comments - "shoes look great", and I don't have long term plans for staying at Target, but I was just curious and would like to know if I am a sub par TM and didn't realize it.

Either your TL or an ETL will meet with you to discuss your seasonal status, i.e. whether or not they're going to offer you a permanent position.

Without knowing your store, leadership, and team, it's hard to say for certain whether or not your assignments reflect your performance as a softlines team member. That said, shoes is not an easy area to maintain, so the fact that they like your zone in shoes could work in your favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back