Archived What would you do?

Has this ever happened to you or your store?

• Yes

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • No

Votes: 16 94.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IcePeasant

Flock Leader
In regards to the Target Robbery in CA, what would you do if you were in that situation? Are ETLs/LODs/TPS trained in the rare event that may happen? I'm just curious if there's a plan that is/should be taught.

3 Masked Gunmen Rob Target In Emeryville

Link in case anyone was wondering about the situation.

Three men with guns?
I would hit the floor as they instructed and give them the money when they asked.
I'm pretty sure the ETLs/STLs are given a company line but it amounts to "Do what they guys with guns say."

Last edited:
Pros who walk in and want money are one thing.
You give them what they want and they will leave.

Active shooters, that is an entire other story.
GTFO is your best bet, get someplace where you can lock the door and they can't get in (the cash room?) is another.
I have wasp spray (since state law won't let me have Mace), a huge stapler, and a mini-machete since I'm the front desk person and the first person who will be dealing with that shit at my job.

But how would one up at the front warn others in the store? Like if I was a closing LOD and this happened like there should be like a red button to alert officials. Some like Morse code on the walkie or something. Idk.
Pros who walk in and want money are one thing.
You give them what they want and they will leave.

Active shooters, that is an entire other story.
GTFO is your best bet, get someplace where you can lock the door and they can't get in (the cash room?) is another.
I have wasp spray (since state law won't let me have Mace), a huge stapler, and a mini-machete since I'm the front desk person and the first person who will be dealing with that shit at my job.
when I was up in the front I would have that at the back of my mind. Is today the day? * I know, pessimistic person here*

I'd ask if I could join their gang!

I'd have a Mexican standoff with them and make damn sure they don't take my Bad Motherfucker wallet.

Because I once had an extremely belligerent guest, I was told that if I was ever in danger to 1) leave the area if I saw him/her, 2) run if they followed me and 3) throw whatever was available at them to slow them down

As for robbery, just give them the cash and fall apart afterwards....

I was robbed at gunpoint once.

Very surreal experience!

I'd get on the floor if I absolutely had to. I'd run and/or hide if I didn't absolutely have to. No sense in lying down and waiting to be executed if they didn't want witnesses when disappearing is possible.

I would have thought that maybe there's a secret button LODs know about. They should like if a robber knows we have a safe then there's a button inside to alert authorities.
I'd grab my cutlery & hide in the walk-in.
We found a knife in the restroom today. Today has been just swell. Like 7" chef knife.

312u39u.jpg

2d14n6d.jpg

I keep it hidden in the cart pusher, under a raincoat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back