Archived Whats HR TM like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So there is a HR TM position opening in a near by town and I'm thinking of applying, but I'm not really sure what the job entitles. I know its kind of clerical job and you set up interviews and all that. Anything else major? I believe this is a bigger volume store so I worry about them cross training me into a bunch of other things. (I don't mind being cross trained into a few different things but don't want to work a majority of the hours on the floor. I rather just stay at my store for that) Does HR TM have a semi-set schedule? Is HR TM a different pay grade? This job would be a commute for me so not sure if it be worth the drive, hens all my questions. Thanks for the all the help!

<<< former HRtm (6 yrs)
At my store the HRtm gets about 35-40 hrs right now. I stopped doing this position due to my mom having a heart attack. I couldn't be there all the time.
Ran lots of reports, kept up with the applications, set up interviews, did orientations (even though I wasn't supposed to...things have changed now), processed punch corrections, time off requests, vacation pay requests, various TM issues, ordered food for holidays and such, got paperwork ready for orientation and then sent it to HQ after it was over, entered completed trainings, cleaned the breakroom including the fridge, ordered supplies from various departments, entered service requests for maintenance to complete....etc, etc. lol
This position will require you to multi task! You'll have to drop what you're doing in order to help a TM with an issue and then pick it back up when you're done. You have to prioritize your work. Some things can be let go while others are on a strict deadline.
It's an ok position. Right now I'm cashiering and am much happier. I enjoy talking to the guests and other cashiers. It was quite boring and repetitious back in tmsc. I like just going in, doing my 4 hrs and going home. :)
The pay is the same as cashiers, I believe...maybe a bit more, but not much. At my store I did a lot of stuff that the HRtm was not supposed to be in charge of. The ETL-HR was and they just didn't do it.
At some stores the HRtm hardly does anything. You just gotta find out what duties you'll be doing.

My hr tm does the same things, but they work 7-3 some days, 8-430 others, and 11-730 other days so that they're there at different times so day team member has a chance to talk to them each week regardless of what team they're on. He also works every Saturday. Our last several HR tms worked a rotating weekend opposite the ETL-HR.

Basically every HR tm we've had has been so over worked and stressed into having heart issues.. I wouldn't do the job but eh its upto you

I admit that it WAS hard to not slam my pen down and say "Ohmygosh!! Whaaaattttt???" to some poor TM at times. You start doing one thing and 5 people need help and I swear some TMs are dumber than rocks. I know, not nice but geez. Then there were the older TMs from flow team that wanted to talk your ear off! Pool ole guys...

Ours swears she works. I suppose she does. A schedule somehow finds its way to being done, some people get fired and hired. Lol. I only say that because she complains so much. I have never had someone complain about not being able to get work done yet finds time to know everyone's business and tell everyone about hers. God forbid if they hold her accountable to anything listed under her core roles. The one before her never complained, always willing to help, very patient and if she didn't have answer didn't cut a snark reply but would let you know when she found out.

This sounds exactly like what our hr TL does. I wonder what our hr TM does. I know she calls people to come early sometimes.

<<< former HRtm (6 yrs)
At my store the HRtm gets about 35-40 hrs right now. I stopped doing this position due to my mom having a heart attack. I couldn't be there all the time.
Ran lots of reports, kept up with the applications, set up interviews, did orientations (even though I wasn't supposed to...things have changed now), processed punch corrections, time off requests, vacation pay requests, various TM issues, ordered food for holidays and such, got paperwork ready for orientation and then sent it to HQ after it was over, entered completed trainings, cleaned the breakroom including the fridge, ordered supplies from various departments, entered service requests for maintenance to complete....etc, etc. lol
This position will require you to multi task! You'll have to drop what you're doing in order to help a TM with an issue and then pick it back up when you're done. You have to prioritize your work. Some things can be let go while others are on a strict deadline.
It's an ok position. Right now I'm cashiering and am much happier. I enjoy talking to the guests and other cashiers. It was quite boring and repetitious back in tmsc. I like just going in, doing my 4 hrs and going home. :)
The pay is the same as cashiers, I believe...maybe a bit more, but not much. At my store I did a lot of stuff that the HRtm was not supposed to be in charge of. The ETL-HR was and they just didn't do it.
At some stores the HRtm hardly does anything. You just gotta find out what duties you'll be doing.

This sums it up pretty well. At my store, the primary responsibility is scheduling, but with the transition to mytime, it will be mostly TM information maintenance (availability and set schedules), along with all of the tasks that you listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back