Archived What's the best way to plan and organize sales planners?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you keep a binder with the set dates and print and put all the pogs there? Or just toss the pog after you're done setting it?

And what's the fastest way to do multiple sales planners?

Do you first take down all the product then push to home? Then set multiple ones then finally pull the product and push?

What's the most efficient way to do organize SP workload, and fastest way to actually execute them. Thanks!

It depends on a lot of things. When I used to set them, I would set the hardest ones first (before store opens or during low traffic times) and the easier ones second (when the store was open or doing high traffic times). I usually tied and pulled the SPL first, that way if I didn't have enough product, I could plan flexing to keep the endcap full for the new set. I used to organize them in a binder, it really doesn't matter, do what's easiest for you. I only kept the SPL's if they were missing signing or fixtures so they could be ordered.

I don't set endcap salesplanners, but I do prep work for all of my softlines POGs. As soon as I receive my materials I begin to map them out.
I write down the salesfloor location and any helpful information my team might benefit from. I tie, batch, and print out price accuracy labels the day before.

I try to always be ahead, so I try to set them a week ahead if the merchandise is available. If the workload is heavy or tedious then I will ask for permission to schedule my
team before store open. I keep all the new POGs in a file cabinet and I throw away all POGs as soon as they are set. Like Jeremy, I only keep them if I'm missing
signs or fixtures. Don't keep old POGs, the clutter will mess with your organization and they're always accessible on Online Planogram.

I think the key is to plan ahead of time. Look at the adjacency calendar and online planogram regularly and communicate workload forecasts with your payroll captain.
The day that you're setting make sure you have all your fixtures, signs, labels, notes, and POGs ready to go. So much time gets wasted when you're making constant trips to the
fixture room, not to mention it's distracting.

hmu if you have any questions.

I make a cart to hold my notes, cleaning products and paper towels and trash bag.

I map out the locations ASAP, and print labels. I check for any ISM or backer paper.

Easy ones are in Domestics and Small Apps, toys, sport, luggage - typically.

Chem is a PITA if you have to pull all your own batches.

HBA & Market can be a PITA due to the sheer quantity of product on a single endcap.

I might do 3 - 4 Domestics endcaps at once, especially if BR is pulling my batches. Tie, and tear down while they pull.

If I am on my own doing pulls, and in a harder area, I do one EC at a time.

ETA: I rarely measure when setting EC on my own. I just set the shelf based on the height of the products, when applicable.

Do you keep a binder with the set dates and print and put all the pogs there? Or just toss the pog after you're done setting it?

And what's the fastest way to do multiple sales planners?

Do you first take down all the product then push to home? Then set multiple ones then finally pull the product and push?

What's the most efficient way to do organize SP workload, and fastest way to actually execute them. Thanks!

When I did them, I had those drop files. I divided them into "departments" that made sense. So for my prototype I had toys/sports/electronics all in one block of the drop file. Each block was divided into three folders, due this week, due next week, and due in two weeks. I would map them out asap and on Mondays sort the store apps by department for POGs and print any new labels for the due in two weeks out. I paperclipped them all together with their POGs and my team new to grab a few every morning and tie and batch and set them (goal being to have most of due next week folders done and to be starting two weeks out).

I never bothered with percentages for fills. If Target wasn't sending the product when we were setting I told the team to set it up and then flex it like crazy. SPs aren't up for that long anyway and I am not waiting on anything to get it done.

In terms of actual execution, if we were REALLY heavy for a week and we were going to struggle getting a week done, I would just partner with our LOG team since they were so strong. I would strip and set the SPs the night before, drop the batches and tell them which ones. The 4AM BR team just pulled them with their autofills and bowled them out with the freight and they would fill 20-30 SPs in a go on a light truck day. Caught up fast that way, but you need a good log team to do it.

I do like 5 at a time. Tie and pull all product on a flat or two. Take all product off each endcap and stage on another flat. Then set and fill all 5 endcaps. Then push old stuff to home. Then take backstock to stockroom and run so they don't yell at me. Lol
Oh and we divide them up by Block in an accordian file.

Last edited:
How does ad rotation work? Do you just designate one end cap for your ad and just switch it out every week? How many are there, and are they just in A and G block?

There are usually designated ones. Cereal. Paper. Water. Soda. A couple others. I'm a former pog. A VERY effective team & TL. We used to help out a lot on sp's. We could whip out 15/20 sp's in an hour wth 4 ppl :D I do signing now. But all of the above info is great. There are so many variables. Do u want to be brand? OF COURSE YOU DO (shaking my head no) how many do you have for the week? Do you have a helper? If someone is pulling your pulls it makes it so much easier. If I'm alone AND before store open I tend to tie take it down/ set, push to home, pull, push.
If I have A FRIEND, it depends on time of day & ability. Tear down together, 1 push to home& sets, 1 pulls, both push. That way u only have to tie up 1 pda. Or do a tear down of like 3 or 4, then someone goes to pull. Then if there are 3 well you get the idea. I do recommend checking to see percentage. Because if you are doing some everyday you can put off certain ones till tomorrow. Grocery,& hba are always very heavy if they are not reties. I noticed today when I was doing sp's that there was a "cf" carry forward on the pog header. Which had little to no product come out. Always nice!

I had based ad end caps on how much product I had. If a charmin end asked for red & blue paper. You had 3 extra of red units vs a pallet of blue. Go for the whole pallet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back