Archived What's the deal with electronics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camacho21

Mr. Front End
So I don't know how many other stores do this but at my store, the electronics team members get paid 1 dollar more than the regular hardlines team members. Can anyone tell me why this is? I can't figure it out I mean they do the same exact function as hardlines plus answering phone calls and helping guests. I still do not see how that justifies their pay.

They are a higher paygrade because guests expect them to be more knowledgeable on the products in their department and AP expects them to know how to properly secure expensive merchandise and deter theft.

$1 over base is higher than normal ($.50 over base at my store), but it can vary by location.

Until you've tried to explain to a seventy year old grandmother who just got her first computer and is totally non-tech orientated why she needs a router and how it works with the laptop her kids gave her for Christmas (the evil trolls who live in another state and didn't bother to help her set it up) then you haven't had the joys of electronics.
The few times I've been caught over there when I was doing signing and was helping out, it was pretty clear why they deserved the extra money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back