Archived Where are the SFT's at??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that its much faster and less button "clicks" to route anything....BUT...their has to be a better system of collecting data! Too dang complicated!

It is definitely a lot faster a lot less clicks as well. I have been hearing rumors of ipads/iphones coming into the sft world soon so we can look up parts, pm guides etc. it would be nice to be able to log time on them as well. I guess we will see.. Whats your thoughts for the new SAP, I actually like it seems more user friendly and easier to find parts now

Referring to when all the Building Services Tech positions were eliminated? That was at least 4 or 5 years ago If I remember correctly...

Yes at least 4 years ago. That is the way Target is as a company though... everything is always changing everyday something new is being implemented or going a new direction.

I have no sft person. Spot does change everyday.

Referring to when all the Building Services Tech positions were eliminated? That was at least 4 or 5 years ago If I remember correctly...

Yes at least 4 years ago. That is the way Target is as a company though... everything is always changing everyday something new is being implemented or going a new direction.

I have no sft person. Spot does change everyday.

Usually this position is not open for to long. I am sure you will have someone in there shortly. I have been with company for a long time and out of all tm, tl and other positions I have had the sft role is where i feel I belong.

It is definitely a lot faster a lot less clicks as well. I have been hearing rumors of ipads/iphones coming into the sft world soon so we can look up parts, pm guides etc. it would be nice to be able to log time on them as well. I guess we will see.. Whats your thoughts for the new SAP, I actually like it seems more user friendly and easier to find parts now

Personally cant stand SAP....another overally complicated piece of software. Im not sure why we cant have a normal retail catalog style ordering system... similar to any retailers online store. Tipp definatley had tons of flaws, but at least it was easy to go back and look at past orders. That made it much easier to order parts or items that you didnt need very often

Personally cant stand SAP....another overally complicated piece of software. Im not sure why we cant have a normal retail catalog style ordering system... similar to any retailers online store. Tipp definatley had tons of flaws, but at least it was easy to go back and look at past orders. That made it much easier to order parts or items that you didnt need very often

This is very true, I totally agree with you. Looking back at past orders on tipp was awesome, the new sap is almost impossible to find past orders. I print all of my order confirmations and keep them in a folder and then I can look back at them but that is the only thing I could think of to do. Also, the sap does not have many images, they REALLY need to get images up on a lot of the items it would make our lives so much easier for sure. Now they just rolled out the new FM reporting tool! Now another way to monitor our work and compare us to other stores...awesome :)

I was "fortunate" enough to get to test that report back around Christmas time.... its a nice report... BUT... its just going to end up being another over inflated report to keep up with!

I was "fortunate" enough to get to test that report back around Christmas time.... its a nice report... BUT... its just going to end up being another over inflated report to keep up with!

That is pretty cool. I gave it a quick look today and it seems pretty easy but your right it will be another report to keep up with. I noticed the fact sheets are not very accurate .. at all! Mine is so wrong and my dfm is aware of it too but not much you can do about it .

The newest thing I heard is that we would be getting IPADs soon to do our stuff on which would be nice to have

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back