Who is in Charge Anyway?

We have been having a continuing problem with no one following the correct closing procedures and general cash handling procedures at my store. I am one of two-and-a-half cash office employees and for the last few years have noticed a concerning trend of being ignored when there are problems that keep us from doing our jobs efficiently or at all. Randomly not closing registers, randomly only closing a few registers, removing money from some registers, and not refilling them, not collecting checks, and occasionally leaving full money bags out overnight. There are other problems I will not go into because they just make our jobs hard and do not mess up counts regularly.

Everyone who works in the cash office has been there for a long time and we pretty much just keep it running without any help. We fix jams and partner with G4S/Revolution for larger problems. Whenever we need anything serious fixed we let our TL and ETL know and what we are doing to fix the problem.

Since they have started a skeleton staff, there doesn't seem to be any one closing procedure. When we come in we have to check all the registers for correct starting cash, make sure no one left bags out or drawers open, and fix any self-checkouts that were "broken" overnight ( ran out of change). No one communicates when they decide to not do any register closing procedure so it is a scramble to get the store open in time.

I have given our ETL a heads-up about the situation for a few months after having our TL not get to it. SD and ETL HR are unhelpful and seem to be actively trying to tank the Front End. ( long story).

Who does the Cash Office report to higher than the store level?? APBP? Where can I find contact info? I am afraid we are going to run into a serious problem we cannot fix.

We have been having a continuing problem with no one following the correct closing procedures and general cash handling procedures at my store. I am one of two-and-a-half cash office employees and for the last few years have noticed a concerning trend of being ignored when there are problems that keep us from doing our jobs efficiently or at all. Randomly not closing registers, randomly only closing a few registers, removing money from some registers, and not refilling them, not collecting checks, and occasionally leaving full money bags out overnight. There are other problems I will not go into because they just make our jobs hard and do not mess up counts regularly.

Everyone who works in the cash office has been there for a long time and we pretty much just keep it running without any help. We fix jams and partner with G4S/Revolution for larger problems. Whenever we need anything serious fixed we let our TL and ETL know and what we are doing to fix the problem.

Since they have started a skeleton staff, there doesn't seem to be any one closing procedure. When we come in we have to check all the registers for correct starting cash, make sure no one left bags out or drawers open, and fix any self-checkouts that were "broken" overnight ( ran out of change). No one communicates when they decide to not do any register closing procedure so it is a scramble to get the store open in time.

I have given our ETL a heads-up about the situation for a few months after having our TL not get to it. SD and ETL HR are unhelpful and seem to be actively trying to tank the Front End. ( long story).

Who does the Cash Office report to higher than the store level?? APBP? Where can I find contact info? I am afraid we are going to run into a serious problem we cannot fix.
If they would stop creating titles ending with the letter “L” and just call someone a manager, it would be simpler.

I’ve had kind of similar issues with closing procedures not being done correctly and a few other procedural 239 things being ignored or not done. I’ve kind of stopped caring at this point. I inform my leaders (they sometimes are the guilty party though). I’ve informed ETLs, AP, my SD (usually just says to circle back around to my ETL that says, “you’re our cash office person. you’ll get it sorted out.”

At this point, I write down and keep a log of issues and who I told with dates just to make sure nothing comes back to bite me, BUT i try to not to stress about it anymore. I spent a few months out of 239 randomly awhile back and checks and coupons were never sent out even with me reminding the team and eventually emails were sent to our leadership team from higher up. (We didn’t address the problem. I just started getting scheduled in there again). I assume the same thing will happen to any other issues with an email or something.

Back