Archived Who is in charge of Infant Hardlines at your store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I have no clue

I'm pretty sure its softlines, every time I call out for assistance in the Baby Hardlines. someone in softlines responds.

It was softlines, but they lost a ton of people going back to school, so it's HL for now. Kind of. When there's time, but it's not a priority, and at most we do pulls & zone.

HL has gotten a bunch of new blocks after remodel, and it's getting a little ridiculous.

You need to let everyone know where infant Hardlines is located in your store. It’s different. At my store it’s actually in Hardlines next to shampoo. In newer stores it’s actually in infant clothing area.

Our Hardlines/flow team members push the freight, do the audits, etc.

It used to be with infant clothing in our old layout too.

I think.

Someone from morning unload is assigned to push the area from the truck. All left product from the area during the day is pushed and zoned by a Softlines TM. In my store it’s an assigned TM who each owns their department throughout the day.

That sounds like chaos in the making.

Guest either grabs random TM or goes to GS and asks for help in the baby section. Softlines TM shows up, and the guest points to the display crib. So at that point the softlines TM has to get a hardlines TM to join them in baby hardlines so the hardlines TM can scan the display barcode to know which crib to get? That's getting way too many people involved.

Guest either grabs random TM or goes to GS and asks for help in the baby section. Softlines TM shows up, and the guest points to the display crib. So at that point the softlines TM has to get a hardlines TM to join them in baby hardlines so the hardlines TM can scan the display barcode to know which crib to get? That's getting way too many people involved.
That’s ridiculous.

Kinda like when someone is cashier trained and a guest wants to check out in electronics, instead of doing it themselves they call electronics to do it. And the best part when it’s not a locked or spider wrapped item or even an electronics item!

When I started Softlines had it, and Electronics had toys, then they gave Hardlines toys and Electronics took over Infant Hardlines. We're over half way done with our remodel so things might be changing when the new layout is complete.

Our DBO is in charge of it, but our SLTL oversees all of infants. However, it is a team effort amongst our logistics and salesfloor ETLs that they stay on task with all processes.

Our DBO is in charge of it, but our SLTL oversees all of infants. However, it is a team effort amongst our logistics and salesfloor ETLs that they stay on task with all processes.

I'm sure I'll feel dumb after this is answered, but what's DBO?

Doesnt have too be, Especially if a store has their shit together. My softlines team takes care all of it

Used to be softlines. Now Hardlines.

In my store it's next to baby clothing, but it's also in hardlines at the same time. post remodel, though, the little clothes that were hanging in baby hl are now in with the rest of baby clothing. They put those idk what we're calling them tall wall grid fixtures in the middle of the dept so there's a clear separation between baby clothes and baby everything else.

Don't feel dumb. Designated Business Owner. We've been doing E2E for 2 years now.
Why would someone who owns a business be in charge of an area inside Target? Doesn't make sense at all.

Why would someone who owns a business be in charge of an area inside Target? Doesn't make sense at all.

Well based on the confusion it might be terminology that my district is using. We were the first ones to start E2E/MODERNIZATION.
For us a DBO is in charge of everything for a particular area. Its not just pushing, setting, filling, and zoning. You are to know your sales for the year, month, previous day, and today. You are to be an expert and "own" your area so that you can help guests with their needs and meet sales goals.

Lol, reading this reply I have definitely "drank the koolaid"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back