Who Picks your Grocery OPU's

Wait...OPU packing stations? Like designated areas where fulfillment bags OPU and DU orders? Am I the only one who wants to visit all the Targets in my area and observe how they do things because I am pretty sure people at my store go out of their to be inefficient.
There's a 3ft shelf behind guest services with about an 8-inch clearance, that has a printer and a stack of large bags and one of small bags. Is that the "packing station"? Sounds fancy I like it

We have 7 OPU packing stations. 4 in the main hold space. 1 in grocery. And, now 2 in our overflow hold. An 8th packing station for STS exists, but we're not stocking it now for obvious reasons. Each packing station has a printer, large bags, small bags, a roll of giant bags, a box of toy catalogs, tissue paper to wrap fragile items, extra labels, a bin for hangers and a small trash can.

We used to just have 1 in the main hold area and 1 for groceries. It was redesigned a couple of months ago to support increased volume and maintain social distancing.

We have 7 OPU packing stations. 4 in the main hold space. 1 in grocery. And, now 2 in our overflow hold. An 8th packing station for STS exists, but we're not stocking it now for obvious reasons. Each packing station has a printer, large bags, small bags, a roll of giant bags, a box of toy catalogs, tissue paper to wrap fragile items, extra labels, a bin for hangers and a small trash can.

We used to just have 1 in the main hold area and 1 for groceries. It was redesigned a couple of months ago to support increased volume and maintain social distancing.
Do you use regular tissue paper or hex wrap from the shipping side? I have an extra hex wrap stand that I'm now thinking of putting up at guest service.

We have 3 stations, one behind guest services for grocery and opu, and 2 in our mobile cart/drive up area. Thankfully we got the remodeled and permanent mobile cart now. We desperately needed the room. Aside from bags, labels, printers, and back up labels we have wacos for hangers and merch protection, a waco to hold samples, S3 keys, and I post a daily grid with lunch schedules for the team.

Do you use regular tissue paper or hex wrap from the shipping side? I have an extra hex wrap stand that I'm now thinking of putting up at guest service.

We have 3 stations, one behind guest services for grocery and opu, and 2 in our mobile cart/drive up area. Thankfully we got the remodeled and permanent mobile cart now. We desperately needed the room. Aside from bags, labels, printers, and back up labels we have wacos for hangers and merch protection, a waco to hold samples, S3 keys, and I post a daily grid with lunch schedules for the team.

Just the regular tissue paper that is used at the registers. We don't have SFS, so we don't have hex wrap. I'm going to keep that in mind though if our previously scheduled remodel goes through. It was indefinitely postponed due to Covid and was supposed to get us SFS. I don't think the tissue paper is terribly effective at protecting fragile items. It's just better than nothing.

I'm also going to steal the scheduled lunch idea. We don't currently do that. But, I'll bring that up with my TL if we ever get a chance to breathe long enough that we can actually sit down and gameplan how we're going to manage 90 minute goal times.

Specific Fulfillment TM’s we’ve made sure specialize in the grocery orders. Usually some of our fastest ones. Slower ones and newbies get lost easily over there and struggle.

Specific Fulfillment TM’s we’ve made sure specialize in the grocery orders. Usually some of our fastest ones. Slower ones and newbies get lost easily over there and struggle.
We kinda let anyone do it but mainly it is this one dude, and me when the grocery orders get close to goal. Some people struggle to make the 30 min timer for cold items and I'm over here picking cold items first and finishing in like 10 mins per batch🙄.

If you search in Workbench for fresh grocery guidelines, or grocery freshness, I can't recall the exact name, it should direct you to a 4-5 page document that includes the date guidelines for picking as well as fruit and veggie freshness info.

If you search in Workbench for fresh grocery guidelines, or grocery freshness, I can't recall the exact name, it should direct you to a 4-5 page document that includes the date guidelines for picking as well as fruit and veggie freshness info.
I printed and laminated those pages along with the POG labels for the loose fruits and veggies. They are attached to the grocery carts for reference. My whole team is trained on them, but some prefer grocery and excel at it. To me the grocery batches are easier and faster until Market gets behind on push. Most of the time a bad INF in OPU is a result of not having the time to break down 3 dairy pallets to find a specific butter or creamer. If it's not easily accessible we INF and move on, food safety is a priority.

I have no idea how food safety can be an issue. Are stores hiring sloths to pick? I can do 4 grocery batches in an hour, 5 if I feel like trying hard. Granted I'm in a Pfresh, but still.

I have no idea how food safety can be an issue. Are stores hiring sloths to pick? I can do 4 grocery batches in an hour, 5 if I feel like trying hard. Granted I'm in a Pfresh, but still.
I can tell you how - at my store the main stockroom where dry goods are kept is on the opposite side of the store from market, the produce stockroom and the storage refrigerator and freezer. When picking a grocery batch, TMs pick dry goods first and if any are missing from the shelves (a common occurrence), must run all the way across the store to search for those items before running back across the store to pick the perishable items. When we first started grocery orders, more than one TM made the mistake of picking all items in the batch including perishables and then going to the stockroom to look for the missing dry goods. They blew the 30 minute requirement every time. We've had to limit grocery batches to only trained TMs, after the Fulfillment TL found one of the seasonals searching the dry goods stockroom for bananas with 2 gallons of milk in his cart and an expired timer. 🙄

I can tell you how - at my store the main stockroom where dry goods are kept is on the opposite side of the store from market, the produce stockroom and the storage refrigerator and freezer. When picking a grocery batch, TMs pick dry goods first and if any are missing from the shelves (a common occurrence), must run all the way across the store to search for those items before running back across the store to pick the perishable items. When we first started grocery orders, more than one TM made the mistake of picking all items in the batch including perishables and then going to the stockroom to look for the missing dry goods. They blew the 30 minute requirement every time. We've had to limit grocery batches to only trained TMs, after the Fulfillment TL found one of the seasonals searching the dry goods stockroom for bananas with 2 gallons of milk in his cart and an expired timer. 🙄

Fuck! Why the hell would someone search for bananas in the dry goods stock room. They should be in the ambient room. That's messed up.

I caught one tm who had been here since March double picking grocery batches a couple of days ago, by picking one full cart for grocery and scanning another one and picking it, with having temp sensitive items out for over an hour and the others were seasonal but I cannot understand how you can take 45+ minutes to look for like 10 items. I get the pathing sucks for grocery OPU's which is why I pick the cold items first and make my way to produce which is at the front of the store, but I'm pretty sure they stand there and pick their nose for 10 minutes a batch or something.

Back