Hiring Why can't I get rehired?

Hey all, I am a former style TM, and was experiencing issues regarding being rehired. I never received a write-up in my time there and was told I was on a rehire list. They also tried to help me get transferred, which ultimately failed as it was January and I was trying to move to a lower volume store. that was almost a year ago, and I have applied to 3 different target stores since then at peak hiring times, april-may(beginning of the re-hire following the pandemic)) and earlier this month, for a seasonal role. I have been denied employment, quite quickly on the company's part, and only received one over-the-phone interview last week before I was told I was not offered the job. Before I moved and stopped working at Target, I was less than 2 hours late twice, and received a talking to, threatening to take away their approval for my transfer, and threatening a write-up. the handbook requires 3 tardies to warrant "coaching"; I also was brought in by both leads for a "behind closed doors" meeting about the same subject, that I was told was going to be for everyone, but everyone I talked to in my department said they hadn't been talked to. Lastly, I'd get a talking to every time I had a conversation with a female coworker, when they could converse with each other frequently and not perform nearly as well as I did(I'd finish 2-3 department's trucks in the time it'd take them to do one) and my leads wouldn't blink an eye. I reported my team leads to HR for reverse-discriminating on me as I felt I was being targeted by my team leaders(I was the only male in the style dept), but never recieved a resolution as I had to move before anything could come of it. Could my past issues with my TLs be the reason I'm not getting rehired? and if so what can I do to try and get off their secret no rehire list?

My guess is yes, your store screwed you over, not only regarding being rehired, but also while you were working there. Spot seems to hate drama or conflict of any kind, and some leaders definitely can be that vindictive. I agree with the Captain⬆️, look elsewhere, there are more pleasant and less stressful places to work, and I hope you find one. Good luck!

It's difficult to know if your past is holding you back.

I would look hard at how you are expressing your work history. I see red flags in your post that would lead me to look elsewhere, specifically bringing in HR and possibly having an issue with authority. It doesn't mean that you were wrong at the time or that you do have an issue with authority, but you may be presenting yourself poorly in the interview or application. You also may appear more bitter than you want to present.

I would make sure not to reference personality conflicts as a reason for leaving.

It's difficult to know if your past is holding you back.

I would look hard at how you are expressing your work history. I see red flags in your post that would lead me to look elsewhere, specifically bringing in HR and possibly having an issue with authority. It doesn't mean that you were wrong at the time or that you do have an issue with authority, but you may be presenting yourself poorly in the interview or application. You also may appear more bitter than you want to present.

I would make sure not to reference personality conflicts as a reason for leaving.
What's the point of HR then besides a formality? I know that I in no way shape or form have a disparate impact case, due to my lack of any concrete evidence, and because the company could come up with an alternative and 'legitimate' reason for not hiring me, but I know the reason you stated for as why you would look elsewhere directly contradicts the EEOC. see Empleados y Solicitantes de Empleo | U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission - https://www.eeoc.gov/employees , "Retaliation because you complained about job discrimination, or assisted with a job discrimination investigation or lawsuit"

Im just saying....IF you were put as not rehireable- there's no way to check 💁‍♀️ Your store would have to personally remember you and denied you based on that. More than likely you didn't meet their hiring needs.

Don't spin your wheels with these assholes. Apply elsewhere, you have talent, your case was well written and articulate.
I agree with this person don't waste time with them. You could do the jobs like post office,FedEx, UPS,merchandiser,call center and appointment setter the latter two could be done from home if you find the right one and you wouldn't have to wear a mask or be potentially exposed to covid by a co-worker/guest at least.

Back