Archived Why does Target sell 3 types of prepaid card - Visa, Mastercard and American Express?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems redundant to carry these three types, since most places which accept Visa also accept Mastercard and much of the time American Express. Guests have asked, so I was wondering.

To be honest, I very rarely have a guest buy a Mastercard or Amex. 95% of them buy a Visa. ☹

By contrast, I can't tell you how many guests complain at our limited selection of candy bars at checkout - no Nestle Crunch, no Payday, no Butterfinger...... :eek:

To be honest, I very rarely have a guest buy a Mastercard or Amex. 95% of them buy a Visa. ☹

By contrast, I can't tell you how many guests complain at our limited selection of candy bars at checkout - no Nestle Crunch, no Payday, no Butterfinger...... :eek:

Costco only accepts Visa, so there's that.

Guests often ask for open value prepaid Visa or MasterCard gift cards. They don't like that we have only $25, $50, or $100. They want to be able to put the amount they want on it and they end up going to Walmart for them.

Please, we have Snickers and Godiva caramel, that's all we need! 🍫

Wait...we don't sell Butterfingers anymore?! Not cool

And quite a few think that because the VISA logo is on the packaging, then it is only for Target stores. Which I understand could be confusing except that they are sold right next to actual target gift cards...

And quite a few think that because the VISA logo is on the packaging, then it is only for Target stores. Which I understand could be confusing except that they are sold right next to actual target gift cards...
That's probably why it's confusing to some people. If the cards were lumped with the gift cards for other businesses it'd be a clearer separation from Target's gift cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back