Archived Why does Target wait for you to come into work to fire you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not mean at all. They get paid for three hours if they're termed at the beginning of their shift. Free money.

This is the real reason, not because of paperwork or people going postal or anything. Getting "termed" is supposed to be a paid conversation and we HAVE to pay you for at least 3 hours. Therefore it is common to do it at least 3 hours into the shift or at the end.

That's untrue. Our CO person is regularly only scheduled two hours. And since payroll is tight, no you can't stay and cashier. So I don't buy this theory. I'm not saying there isn't some truth to it, but to say ... We have to you for at least 3 hours ... is false.

Not in my state it's not. 3hr minimum.

It's not mean at all. They get paid for three hours if they're termed at the beginning of their shift. Free money.

This is the real reason, not because of paperwork or people going postal or anything. Getting "termed" is supposed to be a paid conversation and we HAVE to pay you for at least 3 hours. Therefore it is common to do it at least 3 hours into the shift or at the end.

That's untrue. Our CO person is regularly only scheduled two hours. And since payroll is tight, no you can't stay and cashier. So I don't buy this theory. I'm not saying there isn't some truth to it, but to say ... We have to you for at least 3 hours ... is false.

Your CO person could demand to get paid for 3 hours even though she is there for two. That has been a rule since I have been at Target.

My store also has the CO person scheduled for 3 hours and thats it. No * so to show they're in another workcenter. Maybe they travel to other stores

Your CO person could demand to get paid for 3 hours even though she is there for two. That has been a rule since I have been at Target.

Yes, she could demand it. Lol. Or not do it at all. What I'm saying is that this is the reality of the situation. Sure it's not company policy. And? Is it also company policy to put a sign on the schedule, EVERY WEEK!, saying schedule subject to change? Probably not. But it is happening.

Because one is on the clock when you signing your termination papers.

I don't see what's wrong with it at all? It's really unprofessional to call someone up and say "Hey don't bother coming into work were letting you go". This isn't a "break up" and some high school relationship, it's a job.

People who fire people over the phone are probably franchise owners with huge heads. Before I came to Target, I worked for a Dominos owner who was an incompetent dick. He had the highest turn over rate for delivery drivers I had ever seen in my life. Literally the guy was hiring at least 1 new driver every 10 days. He had no patience and expected people who had never delivered pizzas to be able to do their job immediately with what I could only describe as lack luster training. Aside from that, the area we delivered in was rough, not to mention difficult to traverse if you didn't know the area extremely well.

Anyways, he would freak out on workers in front of customers inside the store and would just make phone calls roid raging out on the drivers when they were late. Take note, as an owner, manager, executive or leader; it's not effective or helping your cause to call up an employee and rage at them or fire them like some sort of psycopath...

I'd rather be told after my shift. Not as soon as a get there which either wastes gas, or bus money. Forcing me to stand out in the cold because you can't hang out in the store anymore,

That's why I told my TL that if for whatever reason in the future if im gonna get canned, just text me. Because I'm gonna flip shit if I took an hour commute for nothing. Deciding to Term a TM has to be something that's know at least a few days in advance.

Id rather be fired over the phone than broken up with that way tbh. But either way, just wait til my shift ends or 4 hours into it so it just feels like a short shift. Otherwise I'm gonna be crying in the pharmacy bathroom until 20 mins before the next bus (I have a fifteen minute walk to the bus stop.)

I guess I'd be semi okay with right away if the bus going home was soon after I got in. I'd be mad about the few dollars, the waking up, wearing of pants, putting on a bra, and hair styling, but I could get over that if you don't make me wait around in the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back