Archived Will any of this help my non-rehireable status?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. About two years ago almost exactly I was termed by my GSTL a few days before my 90 days were up. I was a cashier. Granted, I wasn't great at it. Wasn't good at RedCards specifically. But aside from that, the TL at Starbucks wanted me to be on his team. Even after I was termed he tried to get me rehired. The response was no, although I wasn't told why.

Recently I was told by the new Starbucks TL that he really wanted me to work for him. The old TL that wanted me is Sales Floor TL now. Anyways, the new TL really needs help with his department, he is understaffed and I have experience with working at a full sized Starbucks, so I would only really need to learn procedures at specifically Target. When he tried to interview me, I got there and the ETL-GE (who also wants me to work in that department, he knows I could be a huge help), said I had a non-rehireable status.

The SbuxTL told me he would look into it and tell me why and if we can do anything to get me to help. Later in the day, I was informed it was because I had 3 NCNS. Which confused me. I only called out once, and it was an hour before my shift. My boyfriend is a GSTL at another Target store, and he told me they could have "cheated" I guess and marked me NCNS for when I went home after they let me go. But that's only two. Even during my 90 day review, the GSTL told me my attendance was "wonderful" and it said that on the paper.

So, after all that explanation of things that don't make sense to me, on to my point.

The SbuxTL told me that he would talk to ETL-HR and explain the situation. My boyfriend used to work at this store, (at the same time I was cashiering he was doing GSA duties). That could have rubbed people the wrong way, although we were completely professional. Anyways, he said he would email the HRTL because they had a good relationship during his time there before he moved and transferred.

None of the GSTLs I had are there anymore. The STL was just replaced. There are only people that I have good relationships with at this point, or people I don't know. So, is there anything I can do to help the position i'm in? I know the GSTL who reviewed me didn't like the fact that I worked in the same department as my boyfriend, and I feel like she started to make things up that she could somehow back up just to keep me out. The fact that they are saying I'm non-rehireable is because of 3 NCNS and they told me my attendance was nearly perfect is so contradicting. What can I do to prove myself? Is there even anything I can do? Should I leave it up to internals? I feel like it's inappropriate for someone I'm close to on a personal level to be emailing the HRTL as well, do you think so? I'm stuck.

It's really going to depend. They could work around it and get you rehired or they could not strictly because you're non rehire able. It seems though that the sbux TL wants you so that should help. Other than that you'll just need to wait for a response.

The fact that you were a cashier and your boyfriend was a GSA, and this was known by your leadership, doesn't bode well for you. Rules are you can't have a relationship with someone who is your supervisor. Some stores are stricter than others about it. Under 90 days, they don't need to give you a reason for terming you, so it was likely that the GSTL had a problem with both your lack of red cards and the inappropriate relationship and wanted to let you go. I'm confused though - you said you were let go before your 90 but you had already had your 90 day review? All I can say is if they really want you they will find a way to get you hired again.

I did have my review. This store knew before my interview that my boyfriend was a GSA as well. Thank you guys for the responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back