Archived Will HR be annoyed with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmptyCart

Cashier (2014-2016), Hardlines (2017-now)
I'm sure this us a bit of ASANTS but some general feedback or opinions would be appreciated...my latest semester of classes started recently and I set my availability down in anticipation as a result. I have Friday's off and can only come in after 4:30PM every other weekday, all day on weekends. Turns out I have a lot more classwork than anticipated and I need to lower it some more. I plan to also request having Tuesday's off, and have a maximum 20 or 25 hours per week. My question is, if I request Tuesday's off and then some weeks pick up shift(s) on a Tuesday (being otherwise unavailable) will my HR or ETL-GE be likely to get annoyed or think I'm trying to dictate my hours behind their backs?

We have a cashier (adult) who did this. She isn't available to be scheduled after a certain time so she doesn't have to close, but will then pick up shifts on all of her unavailable time to fill up to as close to 35/40 hours. Once in a while is fine, but I think doing it constantly is horse crap.

Definitely let them know it's school related, but as long as you're not always picking up hours on times you're not available, there's no reason why anyone would really notice. My store had a super nasty habit of calling me in during my unavailable times last semester, nobody there pays attention to availability outside of making the schedules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back