Archived will i get fired for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, before i ask the question ill give some background im a cart attendant it is passed my 90 days ive already called out around 8 times due to medical reasons which i have had a note for all but 2 of them, they already have talked to me about my attendance. ok on to the question, last night i injured my left shoulder on carts while closing, i did notify them about it and they told me to see how it feels in the morning and to call early if needed, but i dont know if i should work injured or not thats why im posting this. theres only 2 of us at my store who can close on carts and the other is already getting 40 hrs a week so he cant take my shift which means theres no other that has training to take the shift. i can barely lift my left shoulder above my head without it hurting fairly bad think i might of pulled something.

Talk to HR immediately at the start of your shift and get an incident report filled out. Better safe then sorry. Let a doctor decide if you can work on the injury or not. They will find a way to fill that spot even if it means a SF team member has to go push carts manually. As far as the other call ins for medical reasons...some stores are more flexible depending on the issue (a cold vs a chronic condition) but notes from the doctor or more for documentation than giving an excused absence.

Like Yoda said, get that incident report filled out
It's very important.
I can not express how important.
Get it and fill it out.
Don't let them put you off.

If I remember correctly, they reports are also supposed to be filled out within a 24 hour period from the injury. Don't let them push you to work if you don't think you can. I've seen it happen and then good team members have been reamed for trying to file a late report.

i told a LOD about it last night and i push carts manually as is, our cart pusher isnt working right and always stops randomly. so pushing carts on that shoulder is painful and slowed me down, not sure if i can make it through a closing shift or not.

Your LOD should have filled out an incident report. Go in this morning, talk to HR, and tell her you need to go to urgent care. This is a workman's comp issue and you cannot be fired for it.

Also, don't worry about the report. It's done on the computer and they ask a bunch of questions that seem random but in the end you'll get to see the doctor. Afterward if you have to be placed on restrictive duty they will find you something to do. Like Retail Girl said - you won't get fired for it (or even looked down upon). It's an injury. Strains and sprains are the most common workplace injury there are.

If nothing else, it might be the nudge needed to fix your cart pusher. No telling how many others could've hurt themselves because of it.

dont think its bad enough to go to urgent care for it, probably a few days rest will do the trick. still hurts enough to slow me down though

As others have said, get the incident report. Go to work. Let them send you to an urgent care (on Target's dime) to get you checked out. If it occurred on the clock, it's workers comp eligible.

Getting injured on the job and having documentation to not work will not get you fired. Ignoring federal and company protocol for work-related injuries will get you fired.

If you don't have it looked at & it gets worse, you could get denied Workman's Comp because you declined treatment. If a doctor at least looks at it, you're documented in the event it flares up again or injury recurs.
If the doc says a few days' rest, then you're covered.
If you call out without having seen a doctor, they'll use it to performance you out the door.

If you don't have it looked at & it gets worse, you could get denied Workman's Comp because you declined treatment. If a doctor at least looks at it, you're documented in the event it flares up again or injury recurs.
If the doc says a few days' rest, then you're covered.
If you call out without having seen a doctor, they'll use it to performance you out the door.
I couldnt have said it better myself.

Get a report asap and go see a good doctor!!
I was injured over 16 months ago,5 surgeries later and months of therapy( still ongoing) I am now back at work but not full duty !
I still have a long way to go,I know I have a slight handicap now ,but management let me work at my own pace ( which is not necessarily slower than some TM, I work flow !!!) and insist on giving me an extra break during my shift.

It is one thing to get a small burn from the popcorn oil or ovens in Food Ave. Or something you can shake off.

If you are injured and you think it will affect your performance, you will need to report it ASAP. Either at work or away from work. Target wants to make sure they will not be held liable if its an injury at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back