Archived Will I survive my 90 day evaluation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this same question will I survive my 90 day probation. I'm in Softlines and asked my TL today about my work performance. They said, "I know what to do, I'm just not grasping the concept." They also have said, "I could improve my speed and pace. What did they mean by that? Will I get let go, if these things don't improve and how can I improve?

are you strictly fitting room or are you on the floor also?

strictly fitting room- ALWAYS TAG!! (Touch all garments on the way in to the fitting room and on the way out)
engage the guests while on the phone or in person (people are less likely to steal if they know you are paying attention),
pick up the reshop on the way back from your breaks and every once in awhile if you know the store is busy call up front and make sure that you don't need to send somebody up for the reshop. Don't make them call you for it.
Make sure you are sorting the items so that it is easy for the floor to reshop it quickly (a properly sorted z-rack will take maybe 15 minutes to upwards of an hour for an unsorted one) You can PM me for how I sort that everybody loves (AND they have implemented for everybody)
If you have questions on making tags, ask!! That is a good 50% of my time in the FR making tags and rewraps. That's the other thing, make sure you are doing rewraps every shift so they don't pile up. The sales floor is reminded to bring it back at least an hour before the end of the shift so that they can be wrapped and marked and back on the floor ASAP

for floor-engage the guests
take a few minutes when picking your reshop up looking it over and sorting it the way you like to do it....this way you can reshop and zone at the same time. That will speed you up in the long run
I know they are really pushing the use of the folding tables at my store but I can fold faster and as neatly on my chest. Find which way is quicker for you.
Make sure the stuff facing the racetrack is done first and best...that's where the guests and most of your LOD's will look. (I always tell the TM's I train...shhhh! don't tell anybody I told you that)
if you can't find something within about 30 seconds set it to the side and come back to it....more than likely while you are zoning you will find it.
Figure out which way will be the easiest way to get your section done the fastest. For example, when I get men's, shoes and infant hardlines I will do a quick pick up in shoes, get infant hardlines done and then men's and spend the last of the shift giving shoes the tender loving care they need.

Thanks SO much for ALL the helpful info from BOTH of you!! It has helped greatly!! My job has become SO much easier and I LOVE every minute of it!! But yes, I am a Sales Floor Team Member!! :)

Thanks SO much for ALL the helpful info from BOTH of you!! It has helped greatly!! My job has become SO much easier and I LOVE every minute of it!! But yes, I am a Sales Floor Team Member!! :)

So does that mean you'll have to change your name? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back